December has arrived! While it’s hard to believe how fast 2021 went, the final month of this year will not go out quietly. After so many cancellations for 2020, a lot of us are excited to revisit our annual holiday favorites or seek out some new experiences.
December is chock full of fun things to do in Northeast Wisconsin (and beyond!), so we’ve rounded up the best ones to keep your family busy every day this month!
Things to Do in December for Kids & Families in the Fox Valley!
- Find the Santa Float!
- Check out the awesome living window displays at A Very Neenah Christmas.
- Ripon also has a living window display! Go see Dickens of a Christmas.
- Watch Santa arrive by helicopter at the EAA’s Christmas in the Air.
- Go to the North Pole—but drive no further than Chilton!
- Celebrate St. Nicholas Day.
- Get your Santa letters in the mail.
- Have cookies and milk with Santa!
- Donate to Harbor House’s Toy Drive.
- Have breakfast with Santa!
- Listen to live musicians playing classic Christmas music at Titletown District.
- Go on a Holiday Hayride in Menasha!
- Ironically, the best way to cure cabin fever might be to get away to a cozy cabin!
- Stay warm in your vehicle and check out some beautiful Christmas light displays.
- Spend a day with your family finding the perfect Christmas tree.
- Get a photo with Santa!
- Eat in an igloo!
- Grab a hot cocoa and go tubing or sledding.
- Feed some hungry ducks at Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Spend a winter-fun-filled day at Titletown District.
- Head to Sheboygan for this worth-the-drive light display.
- Bundle up and go ice skating outdoors! (Or indoors, if you prefer)
- Rather stay warm? Grab your suits and head to one of these indoor pools.
- Take a quick winter retreat to the Northwoods.
- Drive through the dazzling Oshkosh Celebration of Lights at Menominee Park in Oshkosh, plus a bonus opportunity to help the community through donations.
- Planning gifts for teachers? Read about what they really want first.
- Take the whole family snowshoeing!
- Oh, what fun! Take a snowy carriage ride.
- Bring some snacks and take a leisurely drive through over 100,000 animated, twinkling lights at Brown County Fairgrounds.
- Go to the Paper Valley Model Railroad Holiday Open House for an engaging and enormous model train display.
- Find 100+ things to do on your winter break!
Make sure to check out our calendar for fun events throughout the month of December!