December has arrived! While it’s hard to believe how fast 2022 went, the final month of this year will not go out quietly. This year most of our annual holiday favorites are back in business and there are plenty of opportunities to seek out new experiences, too!
December is chock full of fun things to do in Northeast Wisconsin (and beyond!), so we’ve rounded up the best ones to keep your family busy every day this month!
Things to Do in December for Kids & Families in the Fox Valley!
- If you haven’t yet been, come enjoy the living mannequin displays at A Very Neenah Christmas on December 2, 2022!
- There are still a few area Holiday Parades happening early in December. Make sure to get to one!
- Experience one of these amazing Live Nativities!
- There’s no time like the present to get in on a Breakfast with Santa!
- Find a Santa Float near you!
- You don’t want to miss on the tradition of an annual Photo with Santa! We’ve got you covered with where to find the Jolly Old Elf.
- Go to the North Pole—but drive no further than Chilton!
- Celebrate St. Nicholas Day.
- Have you tried the latest craze of Igloo-style Dining? We have an amazing round-up of local options, and some definitely worth the drive!
- Speaking of road trips, we vote Making Spirits Bright holiday light display in Sheboygan is also road trip worthy!
- Want to get in the Christmas spirit with some old-world charm? Check out one of these Dreamy Horse-Drawn Sleigh Rides in Wisconsin this winter!
- ‘Tis the season of hot cocoa! Check out our roundup of local Hot Cocoa Bombs and the best Hot Chocolate!
- We’ve got 20 Spectacular Community Christmas Light Shows in the Fox Cities (& beyond) to keep you busy this holiday season!
- The WPS Garden of Lights at the Green Bay Botanical Garden is one to get on your holiday bucket list!
- Stay warm in your vehicle and check out some beautiful Christmas light displays right here in the Valley.
- Spend a day with your family finding the perfect Christmas tree.
- Stroll through Kaukauna’s Sparkling Winter Garden – Library of Lights!
- Need to book a winter getaway? Check out one of these uber cozy winter cabins!
- Bundle up and enjoy a Magical Holiday Walk in the Woods at the Fox Cities Festival of Lights in Darboy!
- Feed some hungry ducks at Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Spend a winter-fun-filled day at Titletown District.
- We’ve got the perfect list of 52+ winter hikes for you and your family to get out and enjoy!
- Bundle up and go ice skating outdoors! (Or indoors, if you prefer)
- Rather stay warm? Grab your suits and head to one of these indoor pools.
- Go to the Paper Valley Model Railroad Holiday Open House for an engaging and enormous model train display.
- Drive through the dazzling Oshkosh Celebration of Lights at Menominee Park in Oshkosh, plus a bonus opportunity to help the community through donations.
- Planning gifts for teachers? Read about what they really want first.
- Take the whole family snowshoeing!
- The Plaza in Neenah is open again for ice skating. Make sure to roast some marshmallows while you’re here!
- Here’s your last chance to make use of your 2022 Wisconsin State Park pass. And, starting December 1st you can pick up your 2023 pass in the park offices!
- Find 100+ things to do on your winter break!
Make sure to check out our calendar for fun events throughout the month of December!