November is here! After the beautiful fall we’ve had, it’s fun to think of heading right into more cozy days and the upcoming holidays. Decorating, planning meals, thinking about gifts…it’s nice to feel like things are back to normal this season.
We’ve rounded up some fun things to do this month in Northeast Wisconsin, from Oshkosh to Appleton to Green Bay (and beyond) for your family!
Things to Do in November for Kids & Families
- Learn more about Dia de los Muertos, celebrated through November 2nd, as a family!
- November is a great month for a hike! No bugs and not too cold. Check out these 10+ Worth the Drive Hiking Trails about One Hour from Appleton!
- The Building For Kids is turning 30 this year! Join them for their Birthday Bash on November 5, 2022!
- November means chilly temps and cooler days. Now’s the perfect time to visit one of these 35+ Cozy Wisconsin Cabin Rentals that Make Perfect Family Getaways!
- Rainy day? Check out Kenna’s Kabin–The Perfect Indoor Nature Play Area for Toddlers & Preschoolers.
- Have you ever visited Door County’s Washington Island? It’s open to visitors year-round!
- November 3, 2022, is FREE for all families at the Milwaukee County Zoo.
- November means holiday parades are right around the corner! Get some of these on your calendar.
- Wisconsin Herd Basketball begins at Oshkosh Arena on November 4, 2022.
- Need more ideas for indoor places to play? Visit one of these 25+ Indoor Playgrounds, Parks, and Play Areas!
- Plan a family visit to the Nutcracker in the Castle now through January 10, 2023!
- Sign up to run or volunteer in Festival Foods Turkey Trot!
- Animal lover? Visit the goats and sample some delicious goat cheese at LaClare Family Creamery in Malone, Wisconsin.
- Pumpkin patches and apple orchards have seen their last days for the season, but there are still many Fall Activities for Families in Wisconsin to enjoy!
- Cooler weather means more activity from the animals at the zoos! Find one on our list of Zoos in Northeast Wisconsin.
- Save the Date! – Oshkosh Holiday Parade is on December 1, 2022. The City of Appleton’s Christmas Parade is November 22, 2022.
- State park camping spaces fill up quickly! Now’s the time to get some summer 2023 Wisconsin State Park camping reservations on the books.
- The North Pole in Chilton opens on Thanksgiving Night: November 24, 2022!
- Holiday travel plans have you passing through our Capital City? Check out all of our favorite Downtown Madison Activities with Kids. The annual Christmas tree will be up after Thanksgiving!
- Walk or bike at one of these trails.
- Feed the hungry ducks at Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary.
- These parks have a nice rubber ground perfect for fall!
- Go eagle-watching along the Fox River.
- Explore one of the 12 Nature Centers within an Hour of Appleton.
- Get in the holiday mood early! Find the perfect Christmas tree at one of these Christmas Tree Farms Near the Fox Cities.
- Shorter days mean some more child-friendly opportunities to check out the nighttime sky! Put Newport State Park, Wisconsin’s only Dark Sky park, on your itinerary.
- Lights typically kick off the weekend after Thanksgiving. Check out our favorite Christmas light shows.
- Get out of town! Take off on a day trip.
- Visit The Plaza in Neenah for a spin around their outdoor ice skating rink or enjoy roasting marshmallows at one of their outdoor fires!
- Does your family enjoy getting creative together? Visit the Atlas Science Center in downtown Appleton for hands-on science learning and a chance to make your own paper!
Make sure to check out our calendar for fun events throughout the month of November!