Do you have a train lover in your family, or are you just looking for something different to do?
We checked out this local hidden gem, during an open house in November and recommend it to any local family!
The Paper Valley Railroad Club is rich in history, originating in 1936, and is located a bit off the beaten track in an old radio station building in the Kaukauna / Darboy area at W221 Block Road.
You may remember the club at The Valley Fair Mall in the 1990s—I do!
The club holds a few open houses each year during the holiday season. This tradition dates back to the 1950s and is a fundraiser and a chance to share their hobby with the public.
You will be greeted by lots of members as if you were family. Don’t miss a stop in the kitchen to hear stories over a cookie and juice!
The club is also open to the public on Saturdays from 1 – 4 pm. A member told us if someone is around, you can gladly stop in.
The display expands into two large rooms and features a fully operational pike modeled loosely after the mainline from Milwaukee to Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Look for award-winning hand-built structures from scratch, large yards, a harbor area, a mining area, bridges, and more.
We loved looking through all the little vignettes—the campers and the circus were among our favorites.
The Paper Valley Railroad Club is a 501c(3) non-profit organization. There is no charge to attend the open houses or visit the clubhouse, but donations are appreciated. To learn more about the club, check out its Facebook page.
Paper Valley Model Railroad Club
Holiday Open Houses:
- Thanksgiving Open House: Friday, November 25, 2022, 9 am – 5 pm
- Thanksgiving Open House Day Two: Saturday, November 26, 2022, 9 am – 5 pm
- Holiday Open House: Friday, December 31, 2022, 9 am – 5 pm
Paper Valley Model Railroad
W2221 Block Rd, Kaukauna, Wisconsin
Bonus! The Neenah-Menasha Model Railroad Club also hosts open houses, visit their Facebook page to learn more.
More Fun Things to Do in Wisconsin for Train Lovers
- Slumber Party in a Caboose in Sparta
- This fun and unique vacation rental is an authentic 1968 caboose!
- Food Delivered by Train in Wisconsin Dells
- Buffalo Phil’s Pizza & Grille in Lake Delton employs a model train food runner.
- Train Rides and Museum in Sauk County
- The Mid-Continent Railway Museum features operational trains, historic and educational exhibits, and so much more for train lovers to explore.
Where are your favorite local train spots? Choo! Choo!!