One of Neenah’s most cherished annual celebrations, A Very Neenah Christmas, is sure to be better than ever this year with the opening of The Plaza nestled in the heart of downtown Neenah! The festive holiday celebration will have all of the old favorites, live mannequin displays in storefront windows, Santa & reindeer, and shopping at local businesses, with a few new and exciting twists. This year you’ll also have a chance to debut your winter ice skating skills in the brand new outdoor rink located at The Plaza, a community-owned and family-centered gathering venue that is modeled after Rockefeller Center in New York City. This fun-filled festive event is a must for your family’s holiday bucket list.
Here’s everything you need to know to fully enjoy A Very Neenah Christmas this season!
A Very Neenah Christmas
Location: Downtown Neenah along West Wisconsin Avenue
When: Friday, December 3, 2021, from 6 – 8 pm
What: An evening filled with outdoor holiday cheer for everyone!
- Highlights include: Santa, Tree Lighting and Carolers at Gateway Park (6:15 pm), Live Mannequin Windows, Ice Sculpture Garden, Bethlehem Rhapsody Puppet Show & Live Nativity, Ice Skating at the Plaza (additional cost), and Marshmallow Roasting! Check out the full schedule here.
- Parking: West Wisconsin Ave will be closed for the event. You can find free parking in many neighboring streets and at the downtown Green Parking Ramp after 4pm for a short walk to the event. Check out The Plaza’s website or the City of Neenah’s downtown parking map for more tips on free nearby parking.
- Rudolph Run: This annual event starts at 6pm at Neenah’s Shattuck Park and ends at Gateway Park for the much-anticipated tree lighting. Every participant will receive light up reindeer antlers with their $6 registration fee. Check out the full details.
- Downtown Businesses Open: Most of Neenah’s downtown businesses will participate in the live mannequin display and remain open for extended shopping hours during A Very Neenah Christmas. We recommend stopping at Great Harvest Bread Co for a delicious fresh-baked loaf of bread or the best giant cookies in Neenah! Check out the full list of downtown businesses.
Tips for Success with Young Children: Make sure to dress warmly and be prepared for walking and lingering outside! The streets get very crowded, so babywearing littler ones might be your best bet. You’ll want to make a bathroom pit stop before coming, as finding an available restroom can be tricky. Extra padding and warmth is a must if you plan to ice skate with kids.
The Plaza at Gateway Park
Downtown Neenah’s addition of The Plaza is a game-changer at this year’s A Very Neenah Christmas event! Come on down to enjoy a spin around the brand new outdoor ice skating rink modeled after the rink at Rockefeller Center in NYC! While you’re at it, enjoy a piping hot cup of hot cocoa or coffee from Globe Coffee. Linger outdoors with family and friends to roast marshmallows over a gas fireplace.
- Location: 229 W Wisconsin Ave, Neenah
- Check out our article about The Plaza at Gateway Park for details about skating prices, hours, waivers, and more!
Looking for more information on what all Neenah has to offer? Check out our Neenah City Guide here for all of the details!