It doesn’t feel like the holidays until the lights are on outside! Here are 7 worth the drive large Christmas light shows in and around Northeast Wisconsin this holiday season. Make sure to add these private home Christmas light displays that are sure to impress as well. Pack your hot cocoa and popcorn and plan a route that will take you past some of the smaller shows on the way to your destination!
1. Oshkosh Celebration of Lights
Oshkosh Celebration of Lights is a 1.2-mile car drive through Menominee Park along the shores of Lake Winnebago. Highlights include a 100-foot tree, sculptured scenes, and animated light displays. This holiday light show is a yearly event and a great event to spot Santa.
- Where: Menominee Park, 520 Pratt Trail, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- When: November 27, 2020 – January 2, 2021: 5:20 – 9 pm daily
- Admission Cost: $10.00/vehicle ($1.00 off non-perishable food donation)
- FREE on the following Community Nights with non-perishable food donations: December 1, 4, 6, 8, 11, 15 & 20, 2020.
- 2020 Changes: Enjoy the light show completely from your car – wave to Santa, drop of Santa letters, and enjoy a NEW redesigned digital show at the end. No cash payments will be accepted this year – only credit/debit cards. Santa will not be in the workshop this year for pictures.
- More Information: www.oshkoshcol.org
2. WPS Garden of Lights
Walk (about 30-45 min.) or ride in a horse-drawn wagon (about 10-15 minutes) through a light tour of over a quarter of a million twinkling lights. Most paths are shoveled and salted and should be accessible to wheelchairs and strollers.
- Where: Green Bay Botanical Gardens, 2600 Larsen Road, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- When: Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays November 27–December 20, 2020
- Additional Dates: Saturday, December 26 – Wednesday, December 30, 2020, Friday, January 1 – Saturday, January 2, 2021: 4:30 – 9 pm
- Admission Cost: General Public Tickets start at $10 for adults, $5 for children
- Must be purchased online in advance.
- 2020 Changes: Dated and timed entry tickets must be purchased in advance. Purchase tickets early, it is expected to sell out. Face coverings required in all Garden buildings (ages 2 and up), on wagon rides, and outdoors when physical distancing isn’t possible.
- More Information: gbbg.org
3. Lakeside Light Show
Enjoy a 20-minute show (approximately) with dancing trees. Tune your car radio to 87.9 FM to listen to the music. This year’s light show is in the park on the hill by the water treatment plant. When entering the park from Main street, take a left after passing the children’s play area. The best spot for viewing is in the parking lot across the street but be careful it does get busy. Don’t forget to see who is on top of the lighthouse!
- Where: Lakeside Park, 555 N Park Ave, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
- When: November 26, 2020 – January 1, 2021: dusk to 11 pm
- Admission Cost: FREE (donations accepted for light display)
- More Information: www.travelwisconsin.com
4. Rotary Winter Wonderland
Holiday lights display at Wildwood Zoo, Marshfield with over 1,000,000 L.E.D. lights! They also host many fun activities like Santa visits, horse-drawn carriage rides, and more. Walkthrough or drive through.
- Where: Wildwood Zoo, 608 W 17th St, Marshfield, Wisconsin
- When: Open Daily, November 27 – December 31, 2020: 5 – 9 pm
- Admission Cost: FREE (donations accepted for food pantry)
- 2020 Updates: The Gingerbread Jamz, horse-drawn wagon rides and visits with Santa have all been postponed for the 2020 season.
- More Information: www.rotarywinterwonderland.com
5. Making Spirits Bright
A drive-through holiday display by the Sheboygan County Rotary Clubs. Thousands of lights synchronized to music, tune your radio to 89.1 FM while driving through.
- Where: Evergreen Park, 3000 Calumet Dr, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
- When: November 27 – December 31, 2020: 5 – 9 pm
- Admission Cost: FREE (donations accepted for food pantry or light display)
- Drop off a donation for the food pantry or leave a cash donation for the display.
- More Information: makingspiritsbright.com
6. Christmas at the Zoo
Drive through the zoo in the warmth of your car and enjoy lights, holiday displays, decorations, and animals! Kids will receive a treat from Santa Claus. Plan for about an hour to drive through. Families can also purchase animal feed and enjoy a campfire after.
- Where: Shalom Wildlife Zoo, 1901 Shalom Drive – West Bend, Wisconsin
- When: Open Daily November 21 – December 31, 2020: 1 pm – 8:30 pm
(Last car admitted at 7:30 pm)
- Closed: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
- Admission Cost: $10 per person (2 & under are free)
- More Information: www.shalomwildlife.com/christmas-at-the-zoo
7. Santa’s Rock N Lights
Drive-thru light show almost a full mile of nearly 1,000 programmable elements and over 100,000 animated lights dancing to Christmas music.
- Where: Brown County Fairgrounds, 1500 Ft Howard Ave. De Pere, Wisconsin
- When: November 20, 2020 – January 1, 2021
- Admission Cost: Starts at $19.99 / vehicle
- More Information: santasrocknlights.com
More Light Features
- Backseat Christmas Light Scavenger Hunt & Bingo!
- Experience a festive drive-through style zoo sprinkled with Christmas magic in West Bend!
- Visit Wisconsin’s largest Christmas drive-thru display, featuring a million lights in Pewaukee!
- The Best Christmas Lights Near The Fox Valley: Awesome Displays for 2020!
- Making Spirits Bright in Sheboygan is worth the drive!
- Ben’s Wish Christmas Lights Display Returns for 2020 in Appleton!
- The North Pole is Ready for Families at their NEW home in Chilton!
- 9 Not to Miss Homes with Christmas Lights Synchronized to Music