Bundle up and dash through the snow on a scenic sleigh or carriage ride! Join in on the festivities of the season and check an adventure off your family’s bucket list by visiting one of these farms for a cozy ride along the trails. To allow for safe social distancing, reservations are required for all outings. By booking ahead, families can avoid large crowds and have a more personalized, safe and enjoyable experience.
Please Note: All sleigh ride offerings, pricing and hours are subject to availability and are weather dependent. Services may be altered due to COVID-19 and families should speak directly with the farm or stable to book.
Cabin Ridge Rides
Enjoy a family wagon ride as a team of Percheron horses guide you through the scenic woods. Make your visit extra special by cozying up around the bonfire with hot chocolate and fluffy marshmallows as you enjoy the crisp Wisconsin air.
- Open year-round
- The classic ride is $10/person for 45 minutes ($100 minimum) – carry in snacks and drinks allowed
- Bonfire ride is $15/person for 75 minutes ($150 minimum) – hot cocoa provided
- All rides are private and by reservation only
Cabin Ridge Rides, 4271 220th Street, Cadott, (715) 723-9537
Willow Spring Gardens
Glide over glistening snow while being pulled by trotting draft horses at Willow Spring Gardens! Pull up to a secluded spot in the woods for a campfire, hot refreshments, and an opportunity to build snowmen! Hungry? Order food for your ride with many amazing options including breakfast, pizza, mac & cheese, taco or soup buffets!
- December 15, 2020 – February 28, 2021
- 1-12 guests: $180/12+ guests: $15/person
- Ages 5 & under are FREE
- Order food for your ride or bring your own snacks
- All rides are bookable by reservation only
Willow Spring Gardens, 5480 Hillcrest Drive, Wausau, (715) 675-1171
Kettle Moraine Carriages
Pack a thermos of cocoa and a bag of cookies and get ready for a cozy ride! Families can travel through the beautiful Northern Kettle Moraine forest on a sleigh pulled by Belgian and Percheron Draft Horses. Kettle Moraine Carriages has a flat rate for families and guests can choose between a wagon, sleigh or carriage.
- Open year-round – sleigh rides begin once ground is frozen with 2+ ft. of snow
- $100/per family for a one-hour ride
- Wagon or sleigh holds 8 persons, carriage seats up to 12
- Families welcome to bring their own snacks
- Bookable by reservation only
Kettle Moraine Carriages, N612 Forest View Road, Kewaskum, (262) 626-4883
Red Ridge Ranch
Plan a visit to Red Ridge Ranch for an enchanting farm experience! Families will enjoy a scenic sleigh ride, pulled by gentle Belgian horses. Three sleighs are available which hold up to fifteen people each. Families are also encouraged to interact on the farm. Families can purchase a $5 feed bag to feed the horses and can pet the barn cats, chickens, and ducks.
- December 15, 2020 – March 2021
- $30/person, children under 5 are $8/person
- Rides at 11:30 am, 1 pm and 2:30 pm – 7 days a week
- Hot Chocolate provided
- Campfire hosted on weekends
- Book online or by phone
Red Ridge Ranch, W4881 WI-82, Mauston, (608) 847-2273
Western Connection Ranch
Dress warmly for a cozy sleigh ride down the beautiful country roads in Rhinelander! All families, both big and small, can enjoy a ride through the winter wonderland and woods. Following the ride, sit by a crackling campfire with a decadent cup of hot chocolate to warm up!
- Offering rides all winter
- $100/small sleigh (seats up to 6), $150/large sleigh (seats up to 15)
- Hot Chocolate available
- Offers a complimentary campfire
- Book by phone
Western Connection Ranch, 6899 Co Hwy K, Rhinelander, (715) 282-5619
Listen to the sound of hooves prancing through the snow with a country-style sleigh ride at Palmquist Farm! Snuggle up in a warm blanket as a team of Belgian draft horses take the family on a magical ride through the fields and forests. After your side, warm up in the Pickaroon with Russian tea, hot chocolate or hot apple cider around the piano and play your favorite holiday jingle!
- December 1, 2020 – March 1, 2021
- $20/adults, $10/children ages 4-12, Under 3 are FREE
- Refreshments available in the Pickaroon
- Book by phone
Palmquist Farm, N5136 River Road, Brantwood, (715) 564-2558
Whoa, there! Be sure to stop back for updates as more farms add to their holiday ride schedules!