There is no shortage of delicious eats in the Fox Valley area or beyond, and this winter, many restaurants are continuing to offer unique dining experiences for customers with heated outdoor domes and outdoor dining. These fun arrangements allow families to enjoy an intimate meal together away from the rest of the crowd, and they charm kids with their globe-shaped, igloo appearance. So, bundle up and check out one of these amazing restaurants with domes, or fun variations on that theme, for your next family night out!
What To Expect
Each establishment has relatively specific policies for booking its domes, so be sure to check before visiting! These conditions are a general rule of thumb for the restaurants on this list:
- Reservations are for a 90-minute time slot
- Each dome or igloo generally accomodates 6-8 guests
- All food and drinks must be purchased on-site, no carry-ins allowed typically
- No pets are allowed in the domes or in the outdoor patios
- Diners are responsible for any damage to the domes or furnishings
- Food and beverage minimums may apply
Explore the River Domes at Fratellos
Nestled along the river, Fratellos in Appleton welcomes families with a picturesque view of the Fox River, a charming historical feel, and exceptional service. Along with a decadent menu filled with fresh gourmet pizzas, pasta, seafood, and sweet desserts. You can also pre-order food and drink packages to enjoy in the domes, including a fun s’mores board complete with marshmallows for roasting and a decadent charcuterie board. With dome dining, families have an opportunity to share a cozy meal outside in a lit, decorative heated igloo and support a local business in their community.
Three River Domes are available by reservation and can comfortably fit up to eight guests, making them perfect for families of all sizes. Domes can be reserved for 90 minutes, and while there is no rental fee, there are food and beverage minimums based on the day. Minimums are waived for walk-ins if domes are available. Due to their popularity, reservations are still highly encouraged.
Inside the spacious transparent domes, diners can connect their favorite playlist with the wireless speakers, relax, converse, and savor togetherness. The domes are carpeted, tastefully decorated, and have a zippered tent-like door. There is a variety of seating layouts available, including benches, chairs, and cocktail tables, and a larger dining table can be arranged. Each dome is equipped with its own heaters that you’re able to adjust as needed. We were told that we were welcome to bring blankets along but on a 30-degree day found that we didn’t even need to keep on our coats.
Fratellos River Domes At-A-Glance:
- Address: 501 West Water Street, Appleton, Wisconsin
- Phone: (920) 993-9087
- Three River Domes
- Equipped with wireless speaker, heater, lights, and comfy seating
- No rental fee, but food minimum based on the day of the week
- Party boards and beverage packages can be ordered up to 48 hours in advance
Domes Throughout the Fox Valley
- Mr. Brew’s Taphouse, Appleton
- The Watermark Restaurant at DoubleTree by Hilton, Appleton
- Waverly Beach, Menasha
- Address: N8770 Fire Lane 1, Menasha, Wisconsin
- Phone: (920) 733-9721
- Five Igloo Domes located on the shores of Lake Winnebago.
- Equipped with a heater and blankets
- Food and beverage packages available. Must be submitted 48 hours in advance. Can add addition beverage packages the day of the reservation.
- Available on select dates. $90 to $100 rental fee.
- Fox River Brewing Company, Oshkosh
- Hagemeister Park, Green Bay
Domes Beyond the Fox Valley
- Karben4 Brewing, Madison
- Address: 3698 Kinsman Boulevard, Madison, Wisconsin
- Phone: (608) 241-4811
- Four unique Igloos experiences
- Heated 30 degrees warmer than outdoor temperatures; dress appropriately
- $35 rental fee; prior reservation required
- The Lone Girl Brewing Company, Waunakee
- Nineteen09, Cross Plains
- Iron Amethyst Inn, Mazomanie
- Address: 21 South State Street, Mazomanie, Wisconsin
- Phone: (608) 401-1122
- Garden Domes
- Equipped with heater
- Submit food orders in advance
- No reservation fee
- Café Benelux, Milwaukee
- Address: 346 North Broadway, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Phone: (414) 501-2500
- Rooftop Lux Domes
- Heater & blue tooth speaker included
- $150 reservation fee includes two complimentary beverage packages and a keepsake Lux mug
- Additional drink packages and food platters available for pre-order
- Hollander Grand Cafe, several Milwaukee area locations
- Address: 1608 North Downer Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Phone: (414) 963-6366
- Heated Domes or Globes at Downtown Milwaukee, Madison-Hilldale, Wauwautosa, Mequon, and Brookfield locations
- $50 Reservation Fee, includes two complimentary drink packages
- Addtional drink or food packages availabe for purchase
- Hubbard Park Lodge & Beer Garden, Milwaukee
- Address: 3565 North Morris Boulevard, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Phone: (414) 332-4207
- Four Animal-named Garden Domes
- $30 non-refundable rental fee includes one complimentary drink per person and access to full menu
- South Shore Terrace Kitchen & Beer Garden, Milwaukee
- Twisted Fisherman, Milwaukee
- Zócalo Food Truck Park, Milwaukee
- Address: 636 South 6th Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Phone: (414) 433-9747
- Heated Winter Huts that fit up to 12 people
- Enjoy food and drinks from all of the available food trucks
- Reservations required: $48 for small groups (4-6 people) and $96 for large groups (7-12)
- Natty Oaks, West Allis
- Address: 11505 West National Avenue, West Allis, Wisconsin
- Phone: (414) 543-2255
- Santa Chalets with a Santa visit experience
- Each reservation includes 15 minute personalized visit with Santa, a photo opportunity with Santa, $50 in food and beverage credit towards a meal that night, a candy treat from Freese’s candy shop, and hot cocoa with a candy charcuterie board.
- Buckataban Tavern & Supper Club, Wauwatosa
- Address: 7700 Harwood Avenue, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
- Phone: (414) 271-7700
- Northwoods Dining Shanties
- Reservation required; $100 fee. Includes two complimentary pre-ordered beverage packages.
- Options to pre-order drink packages and exclusive food package. Regular menu available as well.
- Belfre Kitchen, Delafield
- Address: 606 North Genesee Street, Delafield, Wisconsin
- Phone: (262) 303-5066
- Cozy Domes
- Reservation required. Rental cost $30-$80 depending on when.
- Variety of pre-order food & beverage option available as well as day-of options.