We love how many amazing community light displays are just a short drive away. Since 2001 in Menominee Park in Oshkosh, a mile stretch along Lake Winnebago is illuminated with nearly 1 million lights creating holiday light displays from the end of November through New Year’s Eve. Every year, over 16,000 vehicles drive through the park to enjoy the lights. Oshkosh Celebration of Lights also supports the community by collecting food for organizations throughout the community. In the past 20 years, over 110 tons of non-perishable food have been donated to those in need in the Oshkosh area working with the Salvation Army.
As you enjoy the lights from the cozy comfort of your vehicle, tune your radio to either Oshkosh Media (101.9 FM) or WRST (90.3 FM), depending on the night. Both stations will play holiday music for your drive through the park.
Oshkosh Celebration of Lights Features
- 100 foot tree
- animated light displays
- sculptured displays
- visit Santa in his non-contact Santa’s Workshop (check schedule for dates he’s availabe)
- drop off your Santa letter (download and print from their website)
- Light Show synchronized to music at the end of the route
- Gift Shop
What to know before you go!
Admission – General Admission Per Carload
$20 a carload or $15 a carload with a donation of a sealed hygiene item or multiple food items is appreciated
When is Santa there and is there an additional cost for visits?
Santa visits are FREE and included with admission. Santa’s Workshop is a non-contact environment for visits from Friday, November 25 – Friday, December 23, 2022 from 5:30 – 9 pm. Be sure to check the web page calendar for specific dates he will be available. Christmas Eve, he will be out with his reindeer to deliver presents.
When does Oshkosh’s Celebration of Lights run?
The show kicks off Friday, November 25, 2022 – Saturday, December 31, 2022. The light display runs daily from 5:30 – 9 pm.
Special Events & FREE Admission Nights
- Monday, November 28, 2022: 5:30 – 9 pm
- Friday, December 2, 2022: 5:30 – 9 pm
- Tuesday, December 6, 2022: 5:30 – 9 pm
- Tuesday, December 13, 2022: 5:30 – 9 pm
- Friday, December 16, 2022: 5:30 – 9 pm
- Tuesday, December 20, 2022: 5:3- 9 pm
- Sunday, December 25, 2022: 5:30 – 9 pm
Horse-Pulled Wagon Rides: Reservation ONLY
All carriage rides must be signed up and paid for in advance. Spots sell out quickly and are only availabe on certain nights, so call to reserve yours ASAP! Each carriage can seat 18 riders.
- Children under 4: FREE on a lap
- Children (4 -18 years): $10
- Adults: $15
- Call to Reserve: 920-303-9200 or email a request for reservations to email@example.com.
Make a whole night of lights! Fill up on hot cocoa, popcorn, and candy canes and hit the road for a light tour on the way to and home from Oshkosh Celebration of Lights using our Giant Holiday Lights List with a handy interactive map to plan your route.
For More Information