If you’re looking for a bit of a holiday adventure, then you’ll want to make the short trip over to Sheboygan this season to check out their FREE Making Spirits Bright display! This drive-through holiday light spectacular begins the Sunday after Thanksgiving through New Year’s Eve 2023.
The mile-long display features many animated and still light displays, set to music. There’s a gingerbread house, igloos, nutcrackers, elves, penguins, a narwhal, the abominable snowman and many more beautiful lights! So what are you waiting for?! Load up the car, pack some snacks, and head over to Sheboygan for an enchanting evening of Christmas lights!
Making Spirits Bright At-A-Glance:
- Address: 3030 Calumet Drive, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
- Dates: Nightly Sunday, November 27 through Saturday, December 31, 2022. Closed on Christmas Eve.
- Hours: Daily 5 to 9 pm
- Cost: FREE but food pantry donations are strongly encouraged! They are collected at the end of your drive through the light display. They hope to reach 150,000 pounds this season!
- History: Making Spirits Bright began as a service project amongst several Sheboygan County Rotary clubs. The goal was to provide a family-friendly event for the community and to collect donations for local food pantries at the same time.
What About Visiting Santa?
On the weekends, the Quarryview Center, right across the street from Evergreen Park, is open for visits with Santa! Bring your own camera or smartphone to take photos with Santa Claus in front of a festive background. At the Quarryview Center, visitors can also enjoy live entertainment, concessions, wreath raffles, and trolley rides to take you through the lights!
- Dates: Open Fridays & Saturdays through December 23, 2022
- Hours: 5 – 9 pm
- Trolley Rides: Fridays & Saturdays
- Hours: 5:15 – 8:15 pm
- Cost: $2/person. Purchase tickets inside!
- Check out their website for a list and schedule of local performers at the lights!
A Few Tips to Brighten Your Experience:
- There is no walking through the display; you must drive. There is no limit to how many passengers you may have in your vehicle. You may drive through the display as many times as you like!
- The display gets busy on some nights, so please be patient as you wait to enter the park.
- Check the Making Spirits Bright website for a list of suggested donations.
- Watch their Facebook page for updates before taking your trip!