New to the City of Neenah for 2021, The Plaza at Gateway Park provides a new option for winter fun in the Fox Valley. Unlike other outdoor ice skating locations, The Plaza will be able to chill and hold ice in their rink as long as the weather is 50 degrees or cooler. In addition to skating, you’ll find a coffeeshop, Globe Coffee, which will operate year-round and serve hot cocoa and coffee, and during skating season—cheese fondue and s’mores. Food and drinks can be ordered inside or there is also a convenient outside order window. There are gas firepits in The Plaza to warmup or roast marshmallows for your s’mores (available for purchase).
Things to Know Before You Go
- No cash! The Plaza is cashless including Globe Coffee, be sure to have a debit or credit card along to pay.
- You’ll need to complete a waiver for your family to skate. Each adult requires their own and can have up to six children added.
- Cubbies are available for boots storage but are open and unlocked. Leave valuables at home.
- On colder days, we recommend bringing snow pants. You can always leave them in your bag if kids change their mind and don’t want them.
- Admission is required for all skaters. Skate rentals are available or you can bring your own skates. Plastic skate trainers are available for kids new to skating.
- Restrooms are available inside for guests.
- Private room inside available for birthday parties.
- Watch their Facebook page for special events.
- The Plaza at Gateway Park, 229 West Wisconsin Avenue, Neenah
- Parking is available adjacent to The Plaza. Additional FREE parking after 5 pm is available at the Green Ramp Parking Ramp on Church St, Arrowhead Park and First Presbyterian Chuch.
- Skating Hours:
- Open November through March for ice skating.
- The Plaza is closed on Wednesdays for private events.
- Mondays and Tuesdays: 4 – 7 pm
- Thursdays: 4 – 8 pm
- Fridays: 4 – 9 pm
- Saturdays: 11 am – 9 pm
- Sundays: 11 am – 6 pm
- Skating Fees:
- Daily Passes: $8 adults/$5 children
- Skate Rental: $5
- Family packages are also available.
- Information, pricing, hours & rules are subject to changes and weather dependent. Visit website before visiting.