There’s no shortage of water around our area. We also have lots of options for kayak rentals in Northeast Wisconsin to get out on the water! Kayaking is a great way to explore areas that we know from the shore in a new way. Grab a partner and enjoy Wisconsin outdoors from the water.
GVK Tips for a Happy Kayak Trip with Kids
- Plan for 1 adult per child for your first trip.
- Starting out in calm waters is great for building skills while avoiding extra external stressors.
- Older children will be able to tolerate longer trips, but a good plan for a first outing is 30-60 mintes.
- Don’t forget your sunscreen and bug spray! Biting flies and mosquitos seem to find us everywhere, especially on a still day.
- Wear lightweight clothing and a change of clothes (or at least pants!) for after. Think about adding a hat to keep sun off of faces and out of eyes.
- N2757 State Road QQ Waupaca – Next to the Clear Water Harbor
- 106 S. Main St., Waupaca
- Hartman Creek State Park (Currently Closed due to COVID-19 State Restrictions)
- Rentals available for 2-hours, 4-hours, daily, 3-days and weekly
Enjoy the beautiful Chain O’ Lakes! The Lakeside location on Taylor Lake offers pontoon, kayak, paddleboard, canoe, pedal boats and maui mats rentals.
Wolf River Trips & Campground
- E8130 Flease Rd, New London, Wisconsin
- 2-Hour Trip – Shuttles 9 am to 4 pm – 1 Kayak $23
- 4-Hour Trip – Shuttles 9 am to 2 pm – 1 Kayak $26
“Here the Wolf and Little Wolf rivers flow through the forests and farmlands of central Wisconsin, creating spectacular scenery and incredible recreational opportunities.” Wolf River Trips also offers tube and canoe trips.
1 man kayaks only (200lb Max Weight Per Kayak)
- 100 E Main St, Albany, Wisconsin
- Trips approximately 1-2 hrs.
- 1 person kayak rentals
“S&B Tubing is located right on the Sugar River so your trip begins when you arrive. You float from our shop in Albany to a designated location about four miles South along the river. When your excursion ends S&B staff will be there to help you with your equipment and belongings and direct you to the next available shuttle bus. Shuttle wait times are usually eight minutes or less.”
Recyclist Bicycle Co.
- 631 Saunders Rd, Kaukauna, Wisconsin
- 201 River Heath Way, Appleton, Wisconsin
- Rentals by the hour or day ranging from $20 (1hr) to $320 (week)
Equipment rental only. You provide the transportation.
Single and tandem kayaks available. Reserve online.
- 305 Mill St., Horicon, Wisconsin
- Single kayak $26 per day
- Double Kayak $52 per day
“Experience a canoe or kayak trip through the Horicon Marsh, exploring this wetland of international importance. The still waters of the marsh offer relaxing paddling and the flora and fauna are unmatched. For birdwatchers, a canoe or kayak trip on the marsh brings opportunities to catch a glimpse of some of the marsh’s most elusive birds.”
Point Bluff Resort
- 3199 County Rd Z, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- $35.00 per canoe/kayak
Present your release form copy to the driver. The bus leaves promptly so be ready to go. The bus ride takes you just a few miles up river and it only takes a few minutes to get there. Two of our routes originate upriver. If you launch from the Dam you must pay an additional $3 launch fee at the Dam. This is charged by the Dam Keeper not by Point Bluff and must be paid to him in cash. Our other upriver launch is from the same place from which the tubes launch. Our staff will assist you in launching your canoes. Regardless of what time you launch, you must be back to Point Bluff by 6 p.m. or you will incur late charges. Once you arrive, you may pull your canoe or kayak up on the shore next to the boat landing, then head to the sign up area to retrieve your keys. We gladly invite you to come into the restaurant and bar at Point Bluff, however, we do serve food so you must wear shoes and shirts when inside. You may eat or drink on the deck in your swim attire.
- W7855 Morgan Street, Shiocton, Wisconsin
- Kayak $35-50, tandem $50, fishing kayak $50
“Dragonfly is a kayak and canoe rental business located right in your backyard, offering relaxing river adventures on one of Outagamie County’s best-kept secrets – the Wolf River. Our signature paddle is 2-3 hours long (5.5 miles) that ends at Dragonfly where your vehicle will be parked.” Children must be at least 12 years old (under 90 lbs must bring own vest). All paddlers 12 to 17 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- 425 Maritime Dr, Manitowoc, Wisconsin
- Single kayak starting at $22
- Double kayak starting at $32
“Manitowoc Marina is proud to rent Hobie Kayaks and Stand-up Paddleboards! We offer a variety of Kayaks and Stand-Up Paddleboards, including the Hobie Mirage series. If you have never experienced a Hobie Mirage kayak, we highly recommend it!
All rentals are issued from Manitowoc Marina and may be taken on the Manitowoc River or up to one nautical mile offshore (weather permitting). Inquire about group events on any body of water in the surrounding area!”
- 2004 Washington St., Two Rivers, Wisconsin
- Single and tandem kayaks
Specializing in diving, snorkeling, and scuba classes. Also offers kayak and paddleboard rentals.
- 820 Indiana Ave., Sheboygan, Wisconsin
- Single Kayak $20/hr and up
- Double Kayak $30/hr and up
“Our seasonal kayak rental dock is located on the Sheboygan River in front of Sprecher’s Restaurant. Our rental stands are hourly and reservations are not necessary or accepted for groups under 10 just show up! Off-site and longer rentals available at the shop with delivery, just call.”
- 142 N. Broadway, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Single kayak starting at $50/day
- Double kayak starting at $65/day
“Ever wanted to try Kayaking or learn why Stand Up Paddleboards (SUP) are becoming so popular? Just want to try before you buy and want more than just a regular test ride? Or, are you just looking to have an incredibly fun afternoon with friends or family? No matter the reason, we have an entire fleet of kayaks and SUPs waiting for you to rent. We rent trailers and all the accessories you might need as well!”