Cool days and even colder nights. Pumpkins glowing, chocolate lurking around every corner! This is a month bursting with opportunities to make memories and new traditions—from visiting your favorite pumpkin patch to fun Halloween events, there’s a lot of possibilities!
We’ve rounded up some fun things to do this month in Northeast Wisconsin, from Oshkosh to Appleton to Green Bay (and beyond) for your family!
Things to Do in October for Kids & Families
- We’re in peak season for fall festivals! We’ve got over 65 festivals throughout Wisconsin you won’t want to miss.
- Speaking of celebrating, you’ve got to get to one of these family-friendly Oktoberfest celebrations before they’re done for the season.
- Start planning for this month’s big holiday. Check out these Halloween Events Around the Fox Valley!
- October 15, 2022: Romp in the Swamp, Bubolz Nature Preserve, Appleton
- Do you love our Capital City? Take a trip to Madison to find some fall fun. We’ve got nine ideas and loads of locations for you to choose from.
- Get those costumes ready and plan Halloween with our Trick or Treat Guide.
- These spots are perfect for checking out the Autumn colors. Check out these Fall Drives.
- Door County is lovely in the fall. We’ve got 10+ family-friendly Door County fall activities for you.
- Pick some apples and make a pie! Find an orchard in our Fall Apple Picking Guide!
- Cooler weather means more activity from the animals at the zoos. Find one on our list of Zoos in Northeast Wisconsin!
- Hit your favorite parks and discover some new ones with our Parks Guide as the weather cools off!
- Update your family pictures at one of these photo-worthy spots around the Fox Valley – 25+ Favorite Destinations for Fall Pictures.
- Get lost in a maize maze! Find your adventure in our Wisconsin Corn Mazes Guide!
- Pick the best pumpkin at the pumpkin farm!
- Don’t let a rainy day get you down! We are so fortunate to have 16 Amazing Children’s Museums to enjoy in Wisconsin.
- Choose a pumpkin and visit kittens, alpacas, and more at Sunny View Acres in Oshkosh!
- Fall is one of the most breathtaking seasons to visit a state park. We’ve rounded up 26 Awesome State Parks that are two hours or less from home!
- Looking for fun ways to celebrate Halloween at Home? Here are over 50 ideas to get your spook on.
- Take a road trip around Lake Winnebago and explore these stops on the East Side of the Lake.
- Cuff Farms is one of our favorite spots for pumpkins and fall play! Be sure to visit this month!
- Walk or bike at one of these Fox Valley trails.
- These parks have the nice rubber ground!
- Explore one of the 12 Nature Centers Within an Hour of Appleton.
- Get out of town! Take off on a day trip!
- Do not miss your chance to have an apple cider donut! Misty Ridge is our favorite spot near Appleton!
- Get cozy with a local cup of coffee! We’ve rounded up all of the local coffee shops with play areas.
- Head to one of these Observation Towers and welcome the gorgeous arrival of fall!
- Take a spooky drive and see these Halloween lights or this drive-thru haunted yard!
- Plan a night in and have a family pizza party!
- Now’s the perfect time to make reservations for a family vacation or date-weekend away at one of these 25 Cozy Wisconsin Cabin Rentals that Make Perfect Fall & Winter Getaways!
- Still struggling? We’ve got you covered with our Ultimate Guide of 50+ Must-Do Fall Activities for Families in Wisconsin!
Make sure to check out our calendar for fun events throughout the month of October! Find everything Fall in our roundup here.