One reason to be excited for May is the average temperature in 67°F, here are 31 other reasons to welcome the month with open arms! Who else is also excited about being one month closer to summer?!?
We’ve rounded up some fun things to do this month in Northeast Wisconsin for your family!
May Activities for Kids & Families
- Find 60+ Local Things to Do, Places to Eat & Ways to Celebrate Mother’s Day!
- Most bathrooms open May 1 at our local parks. No more little potty emergencies! These are our favorite Fox Valley parks for Spring. These are fun Oshkosh parks too!
- Make chalk art with these ideas!
- Explore somewhere new with one of these day trips!
- Sign up for the West Bend Dirty Ninja Mud Run for Kids™!
- Mulberry Lane Farm in Sherwood is now open!
- Explore at Bay Shore County Park.
- Menominee Park in Oshkosh opens on May 4!
- Bay Beach is open for the season. Here are 10 reasons we LOVE Bay Beach!
- May 9 is Mother’s Day. Moms are FREE at Mulberry Lane Farms, Green Bay Botanical Gardens, and the NEW Zoo. Find more things to do on our calendar.
- Plamann Park’s FREE Children’s Farm opens Memorial Day Weekend. Learn more about the farm here.
- Sign your kids up for Summer Camp.
- Give letterboxing at try! Or look for geocaches.
- Walk or bike at one of these Fox Valley trails.
- Feed the ducks at Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Start your quest to find the best ice cream in town!
- Take selfies in front of these Green Bay or De Pere murals.
- Join the Wisconsin State Parks challenge!
- Plan a summer camping weekend. We have reader recommendations and reviews for Wisconsin campgrounds.
- Look for Spring at one of these 12 nature centers 1 hour from Appleton.
- Runoff some energy at the Titletown District playground.
- Stroll through a local greenhouse and start planning your garden.
- Find a bargain at a neighborhood rummage sale!
- Walk through the CE tunnel in Kimberly and snap a picture at one of these fun murals!
- Elevate Your Family Outing with a Trip to the EAA Museum!
- Give your state parks pass a workout by visiting one of these 15 state parks that are two hours away from Appleton or less.
- Take a little day trip to check out the dreamy Sculpture Park in Stevens Point.
- Spend the day learning about farming, agriculture and cows at Farm Wisconsin Discovery Center!
- Schedule one of these Fox Valley festivals to your Summer calendar.
- Cuddle with baby animals at these petting zoos and farms.
- Save the date to get messy and have fun at the Oshkosh YMCA Kids Mud Run & Free Family Fest, June 6, 2021!
Don’t forget to also check out our calendar! Happy May!