The days are getting longer, the grass is getting greener, and it’s beginning to warm up! So who else is ready for Spring?!? Here are our favorite family things to do in April and exciting news for families!
Exciting News & Business Openings
- Bricks and Minifigs Fox Valley is coming to Neenah (Fox Crossing) and is expected to open this month, April 2023.
- The Sensory Club in Neenah recently opened. It is a member-based community that aims to encourage a safe, nurturing, and fun environment where its members can explore their unique sensory needs.
- Children’s Wisconsin Appleton Clinic expands care for Fox Valley families and is now open.
- NEW Rock Climbing Facility in Green Bay is now open!
Easter Bunny & Egg Hunts
Easter is Sunday, April 9, 2023. There are so many Easter Egg Hunts & Easter Bunny Visits, make a reservation for an Easter Brunch or Dinner, and find some ideas to minimize the Easter Basket candy and support local businesses with our 40+ Easter Basket Alternatives.
April 1, 2023, has many options, including an Easter Bunny visit at Van Zeeland, Festival Foods Bunny Hop, and the Green Bunny Train at the National Railroad Museum in Green Bay. Find all the details for these on our calendar!
Every Spring, between late April and early May, sturgeon swim along the Wolf River shoreline, looking for a place to spawn. We have rounded up where to see them, live camera links, learning resources, and more in our Sturgeon Spawning Guide.
- Sturgeon Feast Pow Wow at the Menominee Indian Tribe Cultural Museum Family Center in Keshena on April 15, 2023.
Saturdays and Sundays in April: Baby Farm Animal Barn at Kelley’s Farmstead offers a chance to get up close with piglets, lambs, chicks, ducks, and calves. You’ll be right around the corner from Kelley’s Creamery if you need to incentivize leaving to head home with a delicious ice cream treat.
Batter up! The Milwaukee Brewers and the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers kick off their baseball seasons this month!
Special guests at the Rattler’s April games include Princess Day with a VIP Tea Party on Saturday, April 15, and Bluey and her little sister Bing on Sunday, April 16, 2023. You will also notice some upgrades to the field, including more seating options and a three-story slide (similar to the Milwaukee Brewers)!
Earth Day is Saturday, April 22, 2023, and an opportunity to learn more about our planet earth, environmental protection, and sustainability. Our mother earth is celebrated every day at our local nature centers! Looking for signs of Spring at one of our fantastic nature centers is also one of our favorite things to do.
Updates are coming soon for our Earth Day Events Guide.
Fox Cities Kidz Expo
Join us for the Fox Cities Kidz Expo, a FREE, fun, and educational kids’ expo event for the whole family at the Fox Cities Exhibition Center in Appleton Saturday, April 15, 2023, from 9 am to 2 pm!
The Fox Cities Kidz Expo is a free community event featuring over 60 activity booths, displays and activities, play areas, an entertainment stage, balloons, face painting, demonstrations, giveaways, food concessions, and more.
The rummage sale season is unofficially kicking off this month! Our 2023 City Wide Rummage Sale Guide has all the details, but here are some highlights!
- April 8, 2023: Collectorabilia | Flea Market | Everybody’s Rummage Sale, Resch Expo, Green Bay
- April 21-22, 2023: Suamico Rummage Sales
- April 28-29, 2023: Annual Shop Til U Drop Rummage Sale, Bellevue
- April 28-30, 2023: Irish Road Neighborhood Rummage Sales, Neenah
- April 28-30, 2023: West Sherwood Rummage Sales
- April 29, 2023: Indoor Rummage, Vendor & Craft Sale at the Sheboygan Lakers Ice Center
- April 27-29, 2023: Just Between Friends Pop-up Children’s Resale at the Sunnyview Expo Center, 500 E. County Road Y, Oshkosh
Plan a Park Day
After a Wisconsin winter, spring prepares us for everything outside as soon as possible. Of course, some parks can be muddy in these early warm days, but some fantastic parks in the Fox Cities with rubberized playground surfaces that keep knees and bottoms dry and free of mud. Find photos, park details, nearby other fun things to do, and more here, The Best Fox Valley Parks for Spring (with the Rubber Ground).
- Arrowhead Park, Grand Chute
- City Park, Appleton
- Derks Park, Appleton
- Erb Park, Appleton
- High Cliff Park, Sherwood
- Jones Park, Appleton
- Lions Park, Grand Chute
- Memorial Park, Appleton
- Pierce Park, Appleton
- Riverside Park, Neenah
- Town Center Park, Grand Chute
- Van Lieshout Park, Little Chute
- Washington Park, Neenah