Pumpkin spice is going to need to share the spotlight with these delish ciders available around Northeast Wisconsin. Many local orchards are pressing fresh cider weekly and sell out quickly. Check with the orchard you’re heading to before you go! We love apple cider cold and warm. This year we tried an apple cider slushie on a warm fall day and it was an instant favorite. Enjoy by the glass, a half-gallon, or full-gallon fresh from one of these orchards!
Note: Due to a late frost this year, many orchards are experiencing smaller apple yeilds and might be prioritizing apples for other purposes resulting in less availability of cider. If you’re heading out specifically for cider, check the orchard’s social media or give them a call first!
This orchard got the most recommendations from our Facebook readers! You can find cider on their farm or at the Appleton Farmers Market on Saturdays. They’re 11-time winners of the Wisconsin State Apple Growers Cider Contest and the cider is pressed fresh at the farm.
- Heritage Orchard, N2963 Lakeshore Dr, Chilton
Misty Ridge Orchard
We loved our visit to Misty Ridge last week on our quest to find cider donuts and agree that their apple cider is delish. There is so much to do when you visit: corn maze, sandpit, a petting area, and more! They have a fun apple cider slushie which was a hit with our kids.
- Misty Ridge Orchard, N5126 Advent Rd, De Pere
Star Orchard has been family owned and operated just east of Appleton for 50 years! They have amazing cider available in their orchard store along with caramel apples on the weekends.
- Star Orchard, 253 County Rd E, Kaukauna
Farm fresh cider is pressed and UV treated weekly. They sell out fast, so keep an eye on their Facebook before you head out. They also offer caramel apples, as well as pick your own apples and pumpkins.
- Sprangers Orchard, W2100 County Rd KK, Kaukauna
Oneida Nation Apple Orchard
You can pick your own apples Tuesday through Sunday, and grab half gallons of fresh-pressed apple cider to take home. They offer a wide variety of apple types and other produce, including pumpkins, is available for purchase in their orchard store.
- Oneida Nation Apple Orchard, 3976 W Mason St, Oneida
The Little Farmer
In addition to great cider, you’ll find so many yummy treats in their Applehouse including caramel apples, pies, muffins, and even fresh bread on the weekends. You might want to plan time to stay and check out the barnyard, corn maze, and to see if you can find the farm cats, Crispy and Slim.
- The Little Farmer, N9438 Hwy 151, Malone
Peter’s Pumpkin Patch
Press your own cider at Peter’s Pumpkin Patch! You can also pick up a fresh pie or apple crisp or a jar of honey from their own bees. Peter’s has the fall decor you need from gourds to haybales, they have you covered.
- Peter’s Pumpkin Patch, N181 State Hwy 55, Kaukauna
Door Peninsula Winery
- Cherry Cider got a double reader recommendation!
- Available for pickup or shipped to your home.
- Door Peninsula Winery, 5806 Hwy. 42, Carlsville, Door County
Island Orchard Cider
- Wide range of mostly dry ciders produced at their cider house in Door County.
- Available for pick up or shipped to your home.
- Island Orchard Cider, 12040 Garrett Bay Rd, Ellison Bay, Door County