One reason to be excited for May is the average temperature in 67°F and another is that so many warm weather fun things to do for families in Northeast Wisconsin have their season openings! Here are 10+ reasons to welcome the month with open arms!
- May 1: Most bathrooms open at our local parks. No more little potty emergencies!
Find new parks to explore in our Park Series!
- May 2: Mulberry Lane Farm opens.
- May 5: FREE Comic Book Day!
- May 5: Menominee Park in Oshkosh opens.
- May 5: Bay Beach opens for the season.
- May 5: Food Truck Rallies kick off with a super fun event at Fox Cities Stadium.
- May 5, 12, 19: Saturday Morning Bird Walks in May at Mosquito Hill from 7 – 10 am.
- May 11: National Public Gardens Day – FREE admission at Green Bay Botanical Garden.
- May 13: Mother’s Day. Moms are FREE at Mulberry Lane Farms, Green Bay Botanical Gardens, and the NEW Zoo.
- May 26: Plamann Park’s Children’s Farm opens.
- May 26: Lakeside Park in Fond Du Lac opens.
- May 28: Memorial Day and an extra day with our families!
- May 28: Parade season kicks off with Memorial Day parades in Appleton, Menasha, Oshkosh and more!
- June 6: (This one doesn’t start in May this year, but mark your calendar!) Free Yoga in the Park starts at City Park in Appleton at 6 pm for the summer.