Every year New London transforms for St. Patrick’s Day. The week-long celebration kicks off on Leprechaun Day, Monday, March 14, 2022. The local Shamrock Club leprechauns change the town’s name to ‘New Dublin’ for the week and can be found entertaining kids, visiting the elderly, and at local businesses. This year’s theme is “We are Better Together in 2022 – New Dublin.”
New Dublin (New London) Event Details
- 2022 Shamrock Club of New Dublin – 38th Annual St Patrick’s Day Celebration
- March 14 – 19, 2022, New Dublin (New London), Wisconsin
- Parade: Saturday March 19, 2022, 1 pm
- Wisconsin’s largest St. Patrick’s Day Parade includes marching and bagpipe bands, clowns and specialty performers and floats with over 100 entries. Each year prizes are awarded for the best entries.
- Full Event Schedule
The St. Patrick’s parade starts just south of downtown on south Pearl Street at the intersection of east Washington Street and proceeds north, turns left (west) onto N. Water Street and continues to N. Shawano St and ends right before Dairy Queen.
There are public parking areas adjacent to the downtown areas, however, they generally fill up quickly. Head towards downtown and park on a residential street. Bring a wagon or stroller!
- Bring chairs and blankets. The ground can get pretty cold to sit on.
- Pack some snacks and treats. These rice krispie treats or St. Patrick’s Day Puppy Chow look yummy!
- Dress up (and warm)! We stopped at the Dollar Tree and picked up some fun necklaces, but you don’t have to. Just dig out your Packer gear and go green.
- Be prepared for some street vendors selling St. Pattie’s bling.
- Grab some chalk or bubbles for entertainment while waiting for the parade to begin.
- We arrived about 30 minutes before the parade began and still found a great spot to watch!
Car Ride Activites
- Shamrock Coloring Sheet
- St. Patrick’s Day I Spy Game Printable
- Word Search
- Jokes for Kids
- St Patricks Day Code Breaking Puzzle Activity
What are your tips? Please share below!
Weather in March can be unpredictable but sometimes we get lucky with an almost Spring day! It’s nice to get out of the house to beat some cabin fever and think about Spring! There were so many fun and unique parade participants. Our family’s favorites are typically the animals, unicorns and dressed-up dogs! One note, watch for the cabbage throwing truck, it can be pretty loud (and scary for little ones).
The city hosts many events all week long. For more information visit www.newdublin.com