Have you ever been out to Mulberry Lane Farm? The locally owned petting farm is located just 3 miles east of Sherwood. It is one of our family’s favorite things to do in Sherwood!
Not only is it educational, but it’s fun as you get up close and personal with goats, lambs, chicks, ducks, kittens, horses, and more. Everything is very clean, and the staff is super friendly. They also have a great place for a picnic, so pack lunches!
Your animal lover will love Spring here! This time of year, the farm is buzzing with babies – baby chicks, baby ducklings, baby kid goats, baby lambs, baby piglets, baby calves, baby ponies, baby kittens, and baby bunnies. It’s hard to resist wanting to bring some of them home.
Here is what you need to know for your visit to plan your special (and magical) day at the farm
How much is admission at Mulberry Lane Farm?
There is no time limit for your visit! Enjoy a whole day on the farm! Admission is also the same every day, all season long. Generally, weekdays are quieter and less busy.
Cash & credit cards are accepted, but note there is a credit card convenience fee. The admission fee is all-inclusive. Parking is onsite and free. If you are planning multiple visits during the year, consider a season pass!
- Kids and Adults: $15.00 ($15.50 with credit card payment)
- Children 1 and younger: FREE
How long do we need?
We recommend 2 hours for your visit to the farm, but this varies greatly depending on your kid’s age, interest, and how fast they walk!
Most stations are spread out across the property and require some walking. You can bring strollers or wagons.
The farm is self-paced but also includes a tour guide if you’d like for questions and information about the animals and farm to make your day extra special.
- Milking a cow
- Kitten barn
- Chickens and chicks
Tips for your Visit to Mulberry Lane Farm
- Pack a picnic or snacks. Spend as much time as you like. With all the exploring, you will work up an appetite! Picnic tables are available.
- Wear comfy clothes and shoes. This farm is very neat and clean, but it’s still a farm. You will also do a lot of walking. We highly recommend closed-toe shoes (no sandals).
- Don’t forget your camera! There are lots of great photo ops.
- Bring sunscreen.
- Hours vary throughout their season and the week, check their calendar before you go.
- The kitten barn is closed for naptime from 12 – 12:30 pm.
- The last hayride leaves at 3 pm.
- Download the Farm Activity Book for activities on your way to the farm and on the way home!
- Nearby Things to Do:
- Wanick Choute Park is nearby and has a fun playground and splash pad.
- Stop by Mud Creek Coffee for caffeine!
Head to High Cliff State Park for hiking if you still have energy left! Check out our guide for things to do while you are there.
2023 Season Dates & Events
- Opening Day: May 3, 2023
- Baby Farm Animals Event: First Weekend in May
- Mother’s Day: Moms enjoy free admission with paid admission on Saturday, May 13, 2023, and Sunday, May 14, 2022.
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 29, 2023, veterans and active-duty military members are free with a paid general admission.
- Father’s Day: One free Dad per paid admission on Saturday, June 17, 2023, and Sunday, June 18, 2022.
- Grandparent’s Day: One free grandparent per paid admission on Sunday, September 10, 2023.
- Pumpkin Harvest Celebration: Starts mid-September. Each visitor can pick a pumpkin through the end of October. During the fall, there is an old fashion play area and buildings with antiques and nostalgic memorabilia to explore.
- Halloween Costume Party: $3 off admission for kids that are dressed in their costumes the weekend before or during Halloween. Parade of costumes twice daily with a costume contest.
Mulberry Lane Farm
- Mulberry Lane Farm, W3190 County Road B Hilbert, Wisconsin