Fox Valley families will have another Neenah splash pad to enjoy this summer in addition to Washington Park. The City of Neenah is working on a fun project that many families will enjoy this summer! Work is underway on transforming the old water fountain at Shattuck Park into a small splash pad water feature for families to enjoy on warm summer days! Other park improvements include new concrete. The splash pad is expected to be ready by June 3, 2022 (by the first Farmers Market).
The park improvements are part of the 2022-26 City of Neenah Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan which includes many improvements to the parks offerings for families prioritizing playgrounds, walking trails, bicycle trails, the pool facility, and splash pad.
Here’s what we know so far—we’ll update this when they’re finished!
About Shattuck Park
Shattuck Park was donated to the City of Neenah by Clara A. Shattuck on August 26, 1915. Shattuck Park, a beautiful three-acre site includes a new 165-foot walk-out pier
Shattuck Park was a gracious gift to the city of Neenah by Clara A. Shattuck in 1915. The three-acre property sits on the Fox River and includes a 165-foot walk-out pier and a 1.5-mile open river trail, a popular place for fishing and boaters. It is also the home of Neenah Farmers Markets and concerts with its 2,900 square foot pavilion with restrooms, fireplace, elevator, and top viewing deck.
The latest addition was an accessible boat launch in 2014. The accessible kayak and canoe launch has railings and rollers for easy river access and was approved by the American Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Neenah Riverwalk-Shattuck Park, 210 East Wisconsin Avenue, Neenah
- Park features:
- 1.5 Mile Riverwalk
- Fishing Deck
- Accessible Kayak and Canoe Launch
- Concert Lawn
- Public Restrooms
- Park features:
Other Fun Things to Do at Shattuck Park For Families!
- Neenah Farmers Market
- Saturdays, June 11 – October 15, 2022
- 8 am – 12 pm
- Out to Lunch Concerts
- Thursdays, June 16 – August 25, 2022
- 11:30 am – 8 pm
- Evening Concerts
- Wednesdays, June 15 – August 10, 2022
- 6 – 8 pm
- Neenah Community Band Concert
- June 21, 2022
- Starts at 7 pm
- Intertribal Powwow
- Saturday, September 17, 2022
- 1 – 4 pm
Nearby Things to Do in Neenah
- Riverside/Rocket Park
- Just a short walk! Every Fox Valley and Neenah kid needs to play at this fun park!
- Our full review of this iconic park.
- Bergstrom-Mahler Museum of Glass
- Admission to this beautiful museum is free and it is open every day but Monday!
- Park at Riverside Park and walk over.
- We have all the details for families to know before you go to the museum here!
- Neenah Public Library
- Adjacent to Shattuck Park on the riverfront!
- This library is full of light and fun.
- Full GVK Guide to Neenah Public Library
- Little Chestnut Art Studio
- Murals in Neenah and Menasha
- Make sure your battery is charged and head out on a selfie tour!
- Find locations and a map
- Washington Park
- If your kids want even more water play, Washington Park’s fun splash pad is nearby!
- Full park review and details to know before you go!
Nearby Coffee and Ice Cream
- Lawlss Coffee, 124 West Wisconsin Avenue, Neenah
- Shellattes, 330 North Commercial Street, Neenah
- Starbucks, 1015 Winneconne Avenue, Neenah
- The Plaza at Gateway Park/Globe Coffee, 229 West Wisconsin Avenue, Neenah
- Dairy Queen, 405 South Commerical Street, Neenah
- The only DQs in the country making the amazing secret recipe Archie’s Famous Popcorn are in Neenah! Our Editor recommends a cherry Misty Slush as an accompaniment.
- Koi Coffee and Tea, 204 Main Street, Menasha
- Coffee and ice cream in one stop!
We have so many great cities in Northeast Wisconsin, but Neenah is one of our…
Calling LEGO® Bricks and Minifigs lovers of all ages in the Fox Cities, Northeast Wisconsin,…
Heading to Neenah Public Library is one of our favorite things to do in Neenah!…