Heading to Neenah Public Library is one of our favorite things to do in Neenah! The light is amazing, and the space feels so open and inviting. A perk of living in Northeast Wisconsin is that we have libraries with great water views, and this is one of them!
The librarians really have children at heart in this space. And, their beloved indoor story time programs are starting back up again in Jaunary, 2023! Come explore one of their many creative offerings, such as sensory bins, craft-to-go kits, discovery-to-go kits, play & learn totes, and so much more! Want to linger and read together? The little reading nook and train table are both favorite spots for young children and caregivers. Indeed, there are plenty of comfy chairs right here for you to snuggle up together over a good book!
Neenah Public Library At-A-Glance
- Address: 240 East Wisconsin Avenue, Neenah, Wisconsin
- Phone: 920-886-6315
- Monday through Thursday 9 am – 9 pm
- Friday 9 am – 6 pm
- Saturday 10 am – 4 pm
- Sunday 12 pm – 4 pm
Children’s Section Age Focus
- Birth – 8 years
- Separate area for older kids, tweens, and teens adjacent to the children’s area.
Features for Children
- Reading nook overlooking the water
- Craft-to-go kits available for check out
- Discovery-to-go kits available for check out
- Play & Learn totes available for check out
- Sensory bins available for check out
- Playaway packs (audio recording & books pack)
- Felt board kits
- Tables & comfy armchairs for grown-ups and kids to sit at
- Book bundles tailored to your child’s favorites!
- You MUST try Fresh Pages (children 5–18 years)- a FREE, in-library monthly subscription where participants will receive a collection of 3 to 5 thematic books to return and related goodies to keep based on their answers to a questionnaire.
- Story time and events: Indoor Story time is starting back up in January 2023!!
Children Autonomy Policies
Under 9 must be with a caregiver
Nontraditional Items Available for Checkout
- Baking & specialty cake pans
- Experience Kits
- Craft kits
- Kindles loaded with adult titles, ya titles or children’s books
- Knitting needles
- Drawing Projector
- DVD Binge Bundle
- Light Therapy Box
- Memory Maker Kits
- Air quality monitor
- Watt meter
- Wi-Fi hotspot
- Holiday Gift Wrapping Cart
TIP: The adult materials are primarily located on the upper level. There is a small rack in the lobby with new books and magazines.
- Language Learning
- Consumer Reports
- Gale Courses
- Ancestry (in-library use only)
- ABC Mouse (in-library use only)
- 3D Printer
- Wi-Fi printing
- Free parking in a small lot and on the street.
- Two hour limit for street parking.
- A few spots in front are designated for contactless curbside pick up of items on hold.
Other Nearby Fun
- Riverside (Rocketship) Park, 500 East Wisconsin Avenue, Neenah, Wisconsin
- Just down the road from the Neenah Library- a great surface for spring or anytime! The play structure is best suited for older children. This park surface just got a face lift in fall of 2022, too!
- Bergstrom-Mahler Museum of Glass, 165 North Park Avenue, Neenah, Wisconsin
- Come enjoy a FREE peek at thousands of lovely glass sculptures and other creations right across the street from Riverside Park!
- The Plaza at Gateway Park, 229 West Wisconsin Avenue, Neenah, WIsconsin
- Swing by for a spin on the ice rink during the winter or to roast a marshmallow at the outside fire pit! Enjoy some time together on their outdoor patio in the summer, too.
Nearby Coffee & Treats
- Broken Tree Pizza, 124 West Wisconsin Avenue, Neenah, Wisconsin
- Chocolate Shoppe ice cream and unique pizza menu
- Lawlss Coffee, 124 West Wisconsin Avenue, Neenah, WIsconsin
- Full coffee and tea menu with unique favorites like Caramello Lattes.
- Shellattes, 330 North Commercial Street, Neenah, Wisconsin
- Super cute and cozy café offering indoor/outdoor patio seating, coffee drinks & bakery, and an assortment of used books & antiques available for purchase.
- Dairy Queen, 450 South Commercial Street, Neenah, Wisconsin
- All of the usual Dairy Queen treats and a menu of hot sandwiches and snacks. But the real star is their Archie’s popcorn. Get a big bag and thank us later.
- Globe Coffee at the Plaza at Gateway Park, 229 West Wisconsin Avenue, Neenah, Wisconsin
- Get a hot cup of coffee & cocoa, a charcuterie board, or all the s’mores ingredients you’ll need to get to roasting at their outdoor fire pits.