One of our favorite things to do in Wausau with kids, JoJo’s Jungle is one fun park!
JoJo’s Jungle is a unique all-inclusive playground at Brockmeyer Park in Wausau’s East Side, where children of any ability can play alongside their friends and families. The park is nearly one acre and includes areas designed for three different age groups. Each area is targeted to the play styles and developmental needs of a specific age range: 6 months to 2 years, 2 to 5-year-olds, and 5 to 12-year-olds, and all are accessible by wheelchair.
JoJo (Josiah) Hoerter didn’t make it to his third birthday or to see his wish granted by the Make-A-Wish Foundation for a playground in his backyard to play with his siblings. This very loved little boy passed away from complications due to a neurological and developmental disorder that made him unable to talk or walk. JoJo’s Playground was a dream and a promise from JoJo’s parents. A dream for a playground where all children could play together. After four years of fundraising, a couple of bumps, and a pandemic, the largest all-inclusive playground in Central Wisconsin opened in 2020!
Jo Jo’s Jungle Park Mission
To build a unique playground setting where children of any ability can play alongside their friends and families. Their goal is to enrich social skills, sensory learning, and promote physical fitness in a safe environment for every child in the community. The design must meet the above criteria while allowing parents and caregivers to feel relaxed and comfortable in their surroundings.
This Jungle Theme Park Features
- six-foot-high roller slide
- sensory panels
- toddler pull-up bars
- specialty swings
- cave and rock formations for climbing
- a wheelchair-accessible merry-go-round
- quiet chalk drawing area
- music ensemble
- monarch butterfly garden with educational features
- cause-and-effect splash pad
- picnic areas
- shaded areas
Brockmeyer Park sits on 25.5 acres with plenty of room to run and away from the road.
The park also includes:
- soccer fields
- baseball fields
Brockmeyer Park, 4200 Stettin Dr, Wausau
Other Things to Do in the Wausau Area
- Rib Mountain State Park, 4200 Park Rd, Wausau – Quarry hike at Rib Mountain State Park
- Riverlife Park, 1400 N River Dr, Wausau
- Alexander Airport Park, 625 Lake View Dr, Wausau
- Monk Botanical Gardens, 1800 N 1st Ave, Wausau
- Sawmill Adventure Park – Trampoline Park & Mini Golf, 608 Creske Ave, Rothschild
- Dells of the Eau Claire County Park, County Hwy Y, Aniwa
- Motorama Auto Museum, 4381 Stradale Ln, Aniwa
- Wausau Murals