Copy Protected by Chetan's WP-Copyprotect.
Looking for things to do in this cold winter month? Here are 28 ideas!
February Activities for Kids & Families
- Saturday, February 10, 2018 – FREE Valentine’s Family Festival, presented by the United Way Fox Cities Emerging Leaders Maplewood Middle School in Menasha.
- Saturday, February 10, 2018 – EAA Skyplane Fly-IN – FREE Family event in Oshkosh
- Sunday, February 11, 2018 – Discover Diversity FREE Day at the Building for Kids in Appleton.
- Saturday, February 17, 2018 – Check out Shopkins Live! at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center.
- Thursday, February 22, 2018 – Young Audiences features interactive performances and demonstration from performing arts groups paired with visual arts activities for elementary school-aged children. This event is FREE and features the Appleton Boy Choir this month. Registration required here.
- Saturday, February 24, 2018 – Dance the day away at the Family Get Down – Family Dance Party!
- Run around the gym during Appleton Park & Recreation FREE Open Family Gym at Ferber Elementary School and McKinley Elementary School, Saturdays through March 5. For ages Kindergarten thru 8th grade. More information on our calendar.
- Sign up for Kids Skate Free! Skating passes for kids 9 and under are delivered by email each week. You can choose Skaters Edge in Grand Chute or Spectrum Skating Rink in Fond Du Lac.
- Enjoy the fresh snow and go sledding! Check out our roundup of hills in Appleton, Neenah, Menasha, Little Chute, Kaukauna, Kimberly, Combined Locks, Sherwood, Oshkosh and Green Bay here.
- Are you looking for something more extreme than sledding? Try tubing! Check out the Northeast Wisconsin Tubing Guide.
- Go Ice Skating! – Find tips and where to go.
- Looking for inexpensive or cheap things to do inside? Our Indoor Play Guide has over 25 options!
- Forget about the snow and winter and go swimming! The Indoor Swimming Pool Roundup features splash pads, water slides, zero depth entries, lazy rivers and more!
- Head for the hills for family skiing! Great tips and advice to have a successful and fun trip can be found here.
- If you are heading to Milwaukee for the day make sure to check out some of these fun stops – The Milwaukee Public Museum, Betty Brinn Children’s Museum, Discovery World in our Milwaukee Day Trip article.
- Another great day trip is Madison! Lots of great ideas including – The FREE Henry Villas Zoo, University of Wisconsin-Madison Geology Museum, University of Wisconsin-Madison Arboretum, Babcock Hall Dairy Store, AJ Bombers and more! Read more here.
- If you are lucky enough to visit the Water Capital of the World this month check out our Wisconsin Dells Family Guide!
- FREE (or cheap) Movies! – American Family Kids Dream Winter 2018 Movie Series runs Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays through March 18, 2018.
- Play around at Badger Sports Park on $5 Mondays and Tuesdays all winter long! Specials include $5 for a one-topping 16? pizza, $5 UNLIMITED Inflatables and $5 for 30 minutes of Laser Tag.
- Get creative at one of these studios!
- Fresh snow is perfect for snowshoeing. Bring a sled and a blanket for little ones and enjoy the trails with the whole family. Visit the Go Valley Kids Snowshoeing Guide for tips and trails.
- Geocaching is not just for summer! It is also a fun winter activity. Learn how to get started with Geocaching 101.
- Discover a new Children’s Museum with our Roundup!
- Whether at the library, Barnes & Noble or Half Price Books our area has lots of great options for littles and reading. Find a story time on our calendar!
- Feed the ducks at Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary. Enjoy lots of great exhibits and live animals for FREE. Grab a couple dollars, feeding the geese and ducks will cost you $1 for a bag of corn. More information here.
- Visit the Paper Discovery Center and enjoy some great views of the Fox River. Read about our visit here.
- Check out an Indoor Farmers Market in Appleton, Green Bay, or Oshkosh.
- Monday – Thursday you can run off some energy at Funset Boulevard with $7 Unlimited Wristbands!