Fall is a perfect time to explore the local farms that have busily been caring for crops and livestock all spring and summer long so that we can enjoy the earth’s bounty in this harvest season! If you’re looking for a fun family pumpkin patch visit, Cuff Farms outside of Hortonville is worth the short drive for hours of exploring, playing, and taking a closer look at what it takes to bring our food from the field to the table.
Cuff Farms Pumpkin Season
- Address: N229 Ledge Rd Hill Rd, Hortonville
- What: Cuff Farms is a generational family farm that produces various field crops, pumpkins, grounds, and strawberries each growing season. They also raise and sell pastured pork & poultry and have started offering farm-to-table events and products! They are open to the public during strawberry picking, pumpkin picking, and other events throughout the year.
- 2021 Pumpkin Season Hours: The season begins on Saturday, September 25th! The farm is open for visitors Thursday through Sunday. Hours for Thursday/Friday are 1 pm to 6 pm, and Saturday/Sunday 10 am to 6 pm. No pets allowed. Make sure to check their Facebook page for updates on daily openings and when the season will end.
- Pricing: A ticket is required to ride the pumpkin wagon out to the field and pick one large pumpkin, two mini pumpkins, two pieces of colored corn, and two gourds — current pricing. The entrance to the farm and large play area is FREE.
- Fall Activities Available: hay wagon ride to the pumpkin patch for picking, corn maze, large outdoor play area, and an indoor play area including corn box (think sandbox) all FREE.
- Fall Food & Decorations Available: Canned goods, treats, and other food available inside the farm shed. You can also purchase pre-picked pumpkins, gourds, and other natural fall decorations in the shed.
- Pro Tips for Exploring the Farm with Children: Make sure to dress for the weather, including rain gear, clothes/boots that can get muddy, and sunscreen/bug spray as needed. A change of footwear/clothes is a great idea. We recommend baby-wearing as you roam the farm and ride on the hay wagon to the pumpkin field.
Other Notables At Cuff Farms
- Pastured Meats: The Cuff family raises pasture pork and chicken for purchase by the public. Check out their website for ordering information.
- Farm Events: Periodic farm-to-table public events, such as wood fire pizza nights, hog roasts, and chicken dinners, are a great way to get in touch with where and how your food is sourced.
- Strawberry Season: Cuff Farms plans to open in June 2022 for their 50th season of you-pick (and pre-picked) chemical-free strawberries!
Nearby Things to Do
- Mosquito Hill Nature Center, N3880 Rogers Rd, New London
- Three miles of trails with scenic views atop Mosquito Hill and an educational nature center with hands-on exploration and activities.
- Black Otter Lake, Hortonville
- An excellent spot for a kayak or canoe paddle, fishing, and a playground. The boat dock is ADA accessible.
- Bauers Apple Shed, W7763 Wisconsin Ave, Hortonville
- Nearby orchard which features apple picking and a store room with apples, honey, maple syrup, apple syrup, and jams. Round out your fall farm produce day with an apple orchard visit as well!
Nearby Coffee/Breakfast and Dinner Stops
- Alley Cat Coffeehouse, 213 W Main St, Hortonville
- Fresh bakery, coffee, and take and bake pizzas from scratch all in downtown Hortonville.
- Donaldson’s Gourmet and Gift, 300 S Nash St, Hortonville
- Breakfast, lunch, and a cute gift shop all in one.
- Familiar Grounds, 206 N Pearl St, New London
- Kick back and enjoy your cup o’ joe and a fresh-made breakfast sandwich while your kids busy themselves in the pretend kitchen and play area.
- Black Otter Supper Club, 503 S Nash St, Hortonville
- A Hortonville hot spot but worth the wait, this charming Wisconsin supper club will not disappoint.
- The Meat Block LLC, N1739 Lily of Valley Dr, Greenville
- Stop in and grab all of the essentials, including cuts of elite beef steaks, for a backyard barbecue back at home.
Looking for more opportunities for family fun in the greater Hortonville area? Check out our guides for New London Murals and Exploring the Area West of the Fox Cities for everything you need to know!