Pamperin Park is the largest developed park in the Brown County Park System with the largest children’s structured playground and is located within the limits of the Green Bay metropolitan area. This picturesque and vast park offers a large wooden playground, wooded picnic areas, sand volleyball courts, disc golf, a reception hall and more.
We love this park, and living outside of the Green Bay area, find it well worth the drive to spend a day picnicking and playing. If your kids are looking to make some new friends after spending a year virtually learning, the playground will surely fill that need. The playground is engaging to children of all ages, but if you do want to wander around the park more, it offers beautifully landscaped grounds (including a butterfly garden!), a wooded disc golf course, and a picturesque suspension bridge that crosses Duck Creek, which flows through the entire park and offers a relaxing fishing experience.
If you’re looking for a location to hold a large family picnic or even a wedding, this is the place. Pamperin Park offers acres of lightly wooded picnic areas and tables. The large stone pavilion houses two halls with restrooms, kitchen facilities, and a fireplace, reservable for your private function. A gazebo is located outside the pavilion, surrounded by 10,000 square feet of well-maintained gardens. The park fills quickly on weekends, so we recommend getting there earlier in the day, but we still had no issue finding a vacant picnic table near the playground when we arrived on a recent Saturday afternoon.
Pamperin Park, Green Bay
- Address: 2477 Shawano Avenue, Green Bay, WI 54300
- Leashed pets allowed.
- Bathrooms: Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the only open bathroom is located on the south side of the park near the gazebo
- Parking: Ample free parking is available both near the entrance of the park and a larger parking lot on the south end of the grounds near the pavilion
- Bike racks available
- A few charcoal grills are available.
- The park is located in the Duck Creek floodplain and is prone to flooding, especially in March
- Largest children’s structured playground in the county
- 18 hole wooded disc golf course
- Beautifully landscaped gardens, including a butterfly garden
- Rentable gazebo and pavilion
- Duck Creek – kayak, fish, or just relax and enjoy
- A beautiful backdrop for photoshoots of all kinds
- Spacious, shaded picnic grounds with an ample number of tables provided
Nearby Coffee and Ice Cream
- Zesty’s Frozen Custard & Grill (2639 Lineville Rd) is located about 10 minutes north of Pamperin Park and offers both custard and food. Zesty’s also houses LaJava Express, where you can get a great cup of coffee (iced or hot).
- LaJava Roasting House is located about 5 minutes east of Pamperin Park at 430 Cardinal Ln A, and also offers typical coffee shop fare (like really delicious scones).
Nearby Things to Do
Pamperin Park is easily accessible from Highway 41, making it close to several other Green Bay area attractions.