This Waupaca neighborhood park is perfect for nature nuts! Eco Park was built with thousands of tons of foundry sand donated by Waupaca Foundry to build a truly unique park experience.
You can find this beautiful hidden gem of a park right off of Highway 10 in Waupaca. The kids can explore and feel what it would be like to be an eagle, high in her nest, swing on the swings or play tag as you can run around in a huge open space. Don’t forget to see all the beautiful wildflowers that grow alongside the park. Unlike many others, this park offers play equipment built from locally sourced, natural materials.
The park connects to River Ridge Trail, a natural trail system that winds through Waupaca for hiking and biking. There are smaller loops near Eco Park that take you near a canoe trail!
Round out your trip with mini golfing at Red Putter, ice cream at the Red Mill or dinner and drinks on the water at Clearwater Harbor Waterfront Restaurant & Bar!
Eco Park, Waupaca
- 1534 Webster Way, Waupaca
- Park Hours are 7 am – 10 pm
- Pets Allowed
- Bathrooms: Seasonal
- Street Parking Only
- Park parking is within a subdivision
- Open to the public
- Playground equipment made from natural resources
- Canoe access
- Large man-made eagle nest to play in
- Eco Park programs are offered at the shelter periodically through the City of Waupaca Parks and Recreation Center
- Fun photo opportunities
- Pavillion rentals
- Large open space to run or play ball
- Playground equipment including swings and climbing features
- Nearby trails – River Ridge Trail
- Environmental education center
- Focus on environmental sustainability
- Right next to the Waupaca Airport — small aircraft watching opportunities!
Nearby Coffee and Ice Cream
- Red Mill Gift Shop, N2190 County Rd K, Waupaca
- Delicious ice cream (many varieties), coffee, and gift shop. Check out their beautiful mini red barn on the water. It is a must-see.
- Our day at Red Mill creek stomping and exploring.
- Clearwater Harbor Waterfront Restaurant & Bar, N2757 County Hwy QQ, Waupaca
- Feed the fish while you wait for your ice cream. This waterfront family-friendly restaurant and ice cream shop. Take in the gorgeous views of the Chain O’Lakes. Also enjoy live music and a playground for kids
- Culvers, 1045 W Fulton St, Waupaca
Other Nearby Things to Do in Waupaca
- Tom Thumb Mini Golf, N2494 Whispering Pines Rd, Waupaca
- Tom Thumb Mini Golf is a nostalgic miniature golf course, reminiscent of the 1950’s, located on the Waupaca Chain of Lakes. Enjoy 18 classic hazards, a picnic area, snack shack. Bonus – the course is shaded too.
- Hartman Creek State Park, N2480 Hartman Creek Rd, Waupaca
Hiking, swimming, and Hellestad House Log Cabin
- Waupaca’s Lesser Know Swimming Spots – Marl Lake Dock on the upper Chain O’ Lakes and Government Island on Rainbow Lake (largest lake of the Chain O’ Lakes)
- Animal Haven Farm Zoo, N1720 Buchholz Rd, Weyauwega
- This family-owned zoo is just a couple of minutes from Highway 10 in between the Fox Valley and Waupaca and features over 100 animals including lions, tigers, camels, zebras, bears, buffalo, swans, wallabies, emu, ostrich, rhea, llama, deer, wolves, and farm animals. There is also a playground and picnic area. Admission for adults is $12, children are $8, and under age 2 is free.