The Irish Fest of the Fox Cities held it’s inaugural celebration in downtown Appleton in 2021 and is back on the schedule for September 16 and 17, 2022! The Irish festivities are mainly centered at Appleton’s beautiful downtown park, Jones Park, with other activities at nearby St. Mary’s Catholic Church and McGuinness Irish Pub.
Whether you love Celtic rock music, Irish dancing, or a good, old-fashioned fish & chips, Irish Fest of the Fox Cities is a perfect Northeastern Wisconsin outing for parents and is family-friendly to boot! We’ve gathered all the essential details right here so you can make the most of your visit.
Plan Your Visit: Irish Fest of the Fox Cities
- Location: Jones Park, 301 W Lawrence St, Appleton
- Dates: Friday, September 16 and Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Hours: Gates open Friday 4 pm and Saturday 10:45 am
- Admission: 2-day pass $20, Friday evening only $10, Saturday only $15, children 12 and under are FREE! You can get discounts if you purchase tickets in advance.
- Restrooms: Jones Park pavilion has full-service flush toilet restrooms. Port-a-potties and hand-washing stations are also available behind the Miron Stage near the food and vendor booths.
- Food: A full set of Irish delights including corned beef sandwiches, Reuben sandwiches, fish & chips, Shepard’s Pie, bangers & mash, and curry fries. A food truck also offers more traditional American favorites if Irish foods are not your thing.
- rchase tickets in advance.
Event Access and Parking
We recommend parking in the Red Ramp (W Lawrence St), conveniently located just across the street from Jones Park. Parking here is reasonably priced at $2 for less than 3 hours, $3 for 3-4 hours, and $4 for 5+ hours.
Look for the stairs and stroller-friendly ramp near the Jones Park sign on W Lawrence St to access Irish Fest via the main entrance. Note: The stairs located around the back of the expo center or near the courthouse on West Seventh Street are closed during the event.
Activities for Families
- Amazing Jones Park playground
- Celtic music and Irish dancers
- Children’s crafts
- Irish sports demonstration!
- NOTE: The main stage is located just across from the playground so you can go back and forth as needed for breaks. The sound quality is amazing so you won’t miss any of the great Irish rock while chasing after your little ones at the playground.
Food & Drink
Vendors off a full set of Irish delights on site including corned beef sandwiches, Reuben sandwiches, fish & chips, Shepard’s Pie, bangers & mash, and curry fries. A food truck also offers more traditional American favorites if Irish foods are not your thing.
And, feel free to pack in a picnic or any goodies you got at the Appleton Farmer’s Market to keep costs low! Water bottles are a great idea for every family member. Crowd-favorite Irish beverages are available for the grown-ups.
Tips for Family Success
- Bring buy spray, sunscreen, and layers if you intend to stay all day.
- Bring a blanket or lawn chairs to sit on for the concerts. Wagons and strollers are also great.
- Bring headphones for little concert-goers with more sensitive ears.
- Daytime is less-crowded and kids enjoy watching and joining in with the young Irish dancers.
- Consider stopping back home for a nap or rest time in the afternoon and coming out again for an evening concert!
- It never hurts to have cash on hand for easy purchasing of food, souvenirs, and at the Farmer’s Market if you decide to swing by.
Nearby Fun Activities
- Appleton Farmer’s Market, College Avenue from Appleton Street to Drew Street & also Morrison Street and Houdini Plaza
- One block north of Jones Park and the Irish Fest grounds, consider arriving early on Saturday so you can enjoy both events in one!
- The Building For Kids, 100 W College Ave
- A great place to explore and burn off some steam!
Nearby Coffee & Treats
- Copper Rock Coffee Co, 210 W College Ave
- A great stop for a coffee, and a delicious selection of gelato flavors.
- Crazy Sweet, 514 W College Ave
- It’s always the right season for a hot cocoa bomb or any homemade chocolate candy. They also have ice cream!
- Doughlicious, 322 W College Ave
- Enjoy a scoop of edible cookie dough in your favorite flavor!
- Fika Tea Bar, 207 W College Ave
- Try a refreshingly fun bubble tea!