Do you miss the outdoor Saturday morning farmers markets? Great news! They are finally back for winter 2022/2023! Appleton offers an indoor farmers market every third Saturday from November until February in the City Center that has some of the best parts of the outdoor market and a low-key vibe. It’s a great way to pick up some fresh fruits and vegetables, meat, cheeses, local goods, crafts, and more. It is also a good time to connect with local farmers and learn more about their farming practices and what they are able to offer year round. If you are lucky you’ll even enjoy some music from our very own local musicians! Grab a complimentary wagon if you need to contain the kids, jackets or for all your goodies!
Downtown Appleton Indoor Farmers Market
- Address: 10 East College Avenue, Appleton, Wisconsin
- Inside City Center Plaza
- Dates for Winter 2022/2023: Third Saturdays from November to February
- November 19, December 17, January 21, & February 18
- Hours: 9 am – 12:30 pm
- Important Notes:
- Pets are not allowed.
- EBT (Food Share) is accepted.
Don’t forget to grab change for the parking meters. Parking meters are $1/hour with a 2 hour maximum from 9 am to 6 pm or at the Appleton Public Library for a 3 hour maximum. You can also use the Passport Parking app, it is quick to set up and easy to use but you can not add additional time past the 2-hour maximum. (GVK Tip: If we think we might be past the two hour mark, we’ll put some coins in and then set a reminder on our phone to use the app to set up the two hours. Just remember to take a photo of the meter with the stall number so that you don’t forget!) Park on College Avenue or enter through the back of the City Center between the Appleton Public Library and Valley Transit Bus Station on Washington Street. Parking is also available at the Red (Radisson), Green (P.A.C.) and Yellow (East on Washington St.) parking garages and you pay when you exit. Rates range from $2 for less than 3 hours to $5 maximum. For more information on parking in downtown Appleton visit: appletondowntown.org/getting-around/parking
Other Fun Places for Kids to Visit while Downtown Appleton
- Appleton Public Library, 225 North Oneida Street, Appleton
- Atlas Science Center, 425 West Water Street, Appleton
- Building for Kids, 100 West College Avenue, Appleton
- Crazy Sweet, 514 West College Avenue, Appleton
- Doughlicious, 322 West College Avenue, Appleton
- Jones Park, 301 West Lawrence Street, Appleton
- A great downtown park if it’s a more mild winter day!