Exploring an art museum with the fresh eyes and perspective of children can be a completely magical experience. Thanks to Kohl’s and the Milwaukee Art Museum, you can take your kids for free!
The museum has reopened with procedures and changes in place for the on-going COVID-19 pandemic.
Timed tickets are required for visiting the museum and can be purchased online.
- Kids 12 and under are free!
- Adult admission is $19
- Students, Seniors, Military are $17
- Wisconsin K-12 teachers are also free with a school ID or paystub!
What to COIVD-19 Precations to Expect When You Visit
- Main Entrance Only
- A Dedicated Path – There will be one route through the first and lower floors of the museum. These are the only open floors.
- A Touchless Experience – Timed tickets and plexiglass at the admission desk.
- Kohl’s Art Studio Closed
- Cafes and Museum Store are Closed
- Enhanced Cleaning
- Hand Sanitizing Stations
- Code of Conduct – see below
Current and Upcoming Exhibits
- Susan Meiselas: Through a Woman’s Lens – Through April 11, 2021
- James Benning and Sharon Lockhart: Over Time
- The Quilts of Pauline Parker
- First Impressions: Early Printed Books in Europe
- Americans in Spain: Painting and Travel, 1820-1920
Good to Know
- There are multiple food and drink options!
Cafe Calatrava has a kids’ menu.
Windhover Coffee has snacks, bakery, and beverages.
East End has kids’ fare, sandwiches, smoothies, coffee, and snacks. CURRENTLY CLOSED.
- No backpacks or large bags permitted in galleries.
- No food, drinks, or gum in the museum.
- Sketching is allowed, but only in pencil.
- Silence cell phones.
- Address and directions to the museum.
- Parking is available in an underground garage, nearby lots and garages, and metered parking on the street. Currently, parking in the Calatrava garage or Museum Center Park is recommended
- Map of the museum.
- The museum is not far from Betty Brinn Children’s Museum and Discovery World. Both have free admission with a Family Membership from The Building for Kids.
Extra Fun for Families and Kids
- Kohl’s Art Generation Open Studio – CURRENTLY CLOSED
Create art inspired by the artwork in the museum!
March’s theme is Clay, from Pots to Portraits inspired by the exhibit artwork in the museum. Each month features a different theme and the projects are always changing.
- Kohl’s Art Generation Lab – CURRENTLY CLOSED
Learn about the culture and art of Haiti through music, photography, and activities
- Family Touch Tour – CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
Using free apps from Kohl’s Art Generation, explore the museum with games, videos, scavenger hunts, and more!
Download the iOS app here.
Download from Google Play Store here.
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays – CURRENTLY ON HOLD
Free with museum admission and offered five times per year, hands-on art activities, performances, family tours, visiting artists, and more!
- Art Packs – CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Free self-guided activities created to help families connect through art designed for a range of ages.
- Storytime in the Galleries – CURRENTLY ON HOLD
Saturdays at 10:30, meet in admissions and then head to a gallery to hear a story and make drawings about what was seen and heard.
- Play Date with Art – CURRENTLY ON HOLD
For ages five and under! One day per month. Registration not required, free with admission.
- Stroller Tours – CURRENTLY ON HOLD
Special guided tour for ages three and under with an adult before Play Dates with Art. Reservations required; call 414-224-9803.