Exploring an art museum with the fresh eyes and perspective of children can be a completely magical experience. Thanks to Kohl’s and the Milwaukee Art Museum, you can take your kids for free! Additionally, the Kohl’s Art Generation Studio will be open every day that the museum is open from 10 am – 4 pm, with extended hours on Thursdays!
- Kids 12 and under are free!
- Adult admission is $19
- Students, Seniors, Military are $17
- Wisconsin K-12 teachers are also free with a school ID or paystub!
- Everyone gets in free on the first Thursday of each month
- Portrait of Milwaukee – through March 1, 2020
- A Modern Vision: European Masterworks from the Phillips Collection – through March 22, 2020
- Experimental Ink: Nineteenth-Century French Prints from the Hockerman Collection – through March 29, 2020
- James Benning and Sharon Lockhart: Over Time – through March 1, 2020
- The Bauhaus, László Moholy-Nagy, and Milwaukee – June 7, 2020
- The 2020 Scholastic Art Awards: Wisconsin Exhibition – February 1 – March 15, 2020
- The Quilts of Pauline Parker – March 20 – July 19, 2020
- Susan Meiselas: Through a Woman’s Lens – April 17 – August 2, 2020
- Scandinavian Design and the United States, 1890–1980 – May 15 – September 7, 2020
Good to Know
- There are multiple food and drink options!
Cafe Calatrava has a kids’ menu.
Windhover Coffee has snacks, bakery, and beverages.
East End has kids’ fare, sandwiches, smoothies, coffee, and snacks.
- No backpacks or large bags permitted in galleries.
- No food, drinks, or gum in the museum.
- Sketching is allowed, but only in pencil.
- Silence cell phones.
- Address and directions to the museum.
- Parking is available in an underground garage, near by lots and garages, and metered parking on the street.
- Map of the museum.
- The museum is not far from Betty Brinn Children’s Museum and Discovery World. Both have free admission with an Explorer Membership from The Building for Kids.
Extra Fun for Families and Kids
- Kohl’s Art Generation Open Studio
Create art inspired by the artwork in the museum!
March’s theme is Clay, from Pots to Portraits inspired by the exhibit artwork in the museum. Each month features a different theme and the projects are always changing.
- Kohl’s Art Generation Lab: Learn about the culture and art of Haiti through music, photography, and activities
- Family Touch Tour
Using free apps from Kohl’s Art Generation, explore the museum with games, videos, scavenger hunts, and more!
Download the iOS app here.
Download from Google Play Store here.
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays
Free with museum admission and offered five times per year, hands-on art activities, performances, family tours, visiting artists, and more!
- Art Packs
Free self-guided activities created to help families connect through art designed for a range of ages.
- Storytime in the Galleries
Saturdays at 10:30, meet in admissions and then head to a gallery to hear a story and make drawings about what was seen and heard.
- Play Date with Art
For ages five and under! One day per month. Registration not required, free with admission.
- Stroller Tours
Special guided tour for ages three and under with an adult before Play Dates with Art. Reservations required; call 414-224-9803.