Last week we toured the NEW Urban Air Adventure Park. Let’s be real, people have been talking about this coming to town for what seems like forever! And another trampoline park? What is different or unique about this one?
Well, its hard to imagine what the space is like before getting here. I had no idea how so many fun exciting things could all be in the old Gordman’s space in Grand Chute / North Appleton area (right next to The Learning Shop). Urban Air is a franchise and has been voted BEST Gym In America for Kids by Shape Magazine, BEST Place To Take Energetic Kids and BEST Trampoline Parks. We can’t wait to put it to the test!
What makes this place different? Urban Air is not a trampoline park. Think active amusement park. This will be a fun and healthy indoor activity for not just littles, but teens and adults too. General Manager, Ted C. Williams, warned us, “You are going to get sweaty here! Careful consideration was made to avoid screen time, kids will definitely be active here. We want you to make memories and an experience to remember.” Wear comfortable clothing! And don’t worry, there will be some screens. They will have tvs so you don’t have to miss your beloved football games!
Another difference? Admission will be sold by the day not hourly. No more clock watching. You can spend a whole day of fun with your family. Restaurant quality food will also be available. There is even a spot for parents (complete with massage chairs) to work or hang out (with wifi of course) if your kids are old enough (and responsible) to roam by themselves in open play.
Another thing we are excited about is how involved they have been and plan to be in our community. Plans are in the works for special First Responder nights and FREE birthday parties for foster kids.
When does Urban Air open?
We all want to know! It looks like by the end of November you will be able to check it out. Make sure to follow Urban Air Appleton’s Facebook Page for an official Grand Opening announcement here!
We broke down all the fun below for this family fun entertainment center and any questions you might have. If you have a question we didn’t answer make sure to let us know below!
NOTE: This is an exciting addition to the Fox Ciites community, especially with winter looming! Remember to call ahead in the first weeks to ensure you’ll be able to get in!
Urban Air Attractions
- Go Karts – 2-story track, .2 mile lap
2nd level viewing deck from INSIDE the track – as an observer, you will be able to take pictures and videos almost 75% of the track!
- Single and Double Electric Karts
- Electric Kart Benefits:
- No Exhaust Fumes or Loud Engines (but you will hear tire screeches).
- High-Tech Diagnostic Monitoring: Easier to keep all cars performing in tip top shape.
- Covered Mechanicals: No worry about burning like gas cars.
- Reverse Gear: Easier to get out of spin outs.
- Faster Speed: Electric karts are better at hitting top speed, quicker than gas karts.
- Staff can also adjust the speed of each kart based on a driver’s skill level.
- Spin Zone Bumper Cars – Traditional bumper cars that have a twist, lots of spinning!
- Flip Zone Bumper Cars – Bumper cars that flip upside down! Chair flips a full 360 degrees. Must be 42″ to drive.
- Sky Rider Coaster – Zip line adventure with no skills needed. Fly above attractions. World’s first “dueling” Sky Rider Coaster. Riders start together and split to race to the end. Both routes are the same distance but we can’t wait to see what side the kids think is faster! Must be 48″ tall.
- Rope Adventure Course – Up in the air with a safety harness. Must be 48″ tall.
- Climbing Walls – Traditional rock wall as well as interactive unique climbing structure. Must be 41″ tall.
- Balance Beam Foam Pit – Battle friends too!
- Warrior Course – Translucent ball pit and obstacle challenge course.
- Indoor Playground with Tubes & Slides – climb, crawl and slide, 52″ and under.
- Trampolines – Strengthen agility, balance, and strategy
- Wipeout, Dodgeball, Runway (Tumble Track), Drop Zone, Basketball
- Ages 7 & Under Kid Area Trampoline area
- Cafe – Food options includes pizza, chicken, frozen ice cream treats and more. Will also sell beer and wine.
What are the hours at Urban Air Adventure Park?
Open daily. Later hours on Fridays and Saturdays.
How much is admission?
Tiered One-Day tickets available at front desk. Admission is based on the day not hour. Re-entry is not allowed.
- Basic: $14.99 (Trampoline only)
- Deluxe: $20.99 (Basic + warrior course, tubes etc)
- Ultimate: $26.99 (Deluxe + Sky Rider, Ropes, Wall, VR (Jan 2020))
- Platinum: $36.99 (Ultimate + Unlimited Go-Karts, Spin Zone, Flip Zone)
- 5 & under: $9.99
- Parent Pass: $6.99
- Socks: $3.00
Are there special coupons or Groupon offers?
Currently there are no external coupons or Groupon sales. Like other Urban Air Adventure Parks they will offer monthly memberships for savings.
Can you purchase tickets online ahead of time?
Tickets will be available at the front desk. To save time, waivers will be available online. Other area attractions have reached capacity on opening peak times. We would recommend calling ahead on weekends in December.
Do you need to purchase special socks?
Yes. Urban Air Socks are $3 each. No personal socks are allowed.
Is there an age requirement or limit?
There are no age limits, there is a play area dedicated to ages 7 and under. Parent play and interaction is encouraged. There are some height requirements. Must be at least 41″ for Warrior Attractions and Climbing Walls, 48″ for Ropes Course and Sky Rider. Maximum height of the Tubes is 52″.
How is the park kept clean? We all know Winter in Wisconsin can be yucky!
Urban Air utilizes long lasting Residual Antimicrobial Technology that inhibits the growth of microbes. This unique Fog application applied by Urban Air Trampoline Park provides complete coverage of a Hospital Grade disinfectant that kills a multitude of harmful microbes.
The facility will regularly undergo fog applied treatments EPA registered Hospital Grade Disinfectant(s) and EPA registered Anti-Microbial coating. No: Staph/MRSA, ringworm, influenza, e-coli and norovirus.
Will birthday parties and special events be available?
Yes! Urban Air offers full birthday party packages including setup, hosting, entertainment and cleanup with private party rooms and party hosts.
Urban Air – Indoor Adventure Park
4741 W Lawrence St
Grand Chute / Appleton, Wisconsin