In order to keep yourself and your kids active, happy and safe, you probably rely on guidance from your family, friends and fellow moms. But when those resources aren’t readily available, you might find yourself going down the Google rabbit hole. It’s hard to know what information is credible, and what isn’t, as you’re sifting through pages of URLs. But what if you could access reliable and helpful articles spanning everything from physical to mental to emotional well-being, all in one place?
With Ripple by ThedaCare, you can.
Ripple compiles sound advice from nationally and internationally recognized physical, mental and behavioral health experts and leaders in public healthcare. All of the information is gathered for you, and organized into one, convenient and easily searchable library. Want to know more? Here is just a snapshot of what you can find as you seek to make well-informed decisions about your family’s health.
Disease Management & Prevention
Whether you or your family members are currently battling chronic illness, fighting off a nasty cold or feeling completely healthy, achieving good health – and staying there – is at the front of all of our minds. Find guidance for all your treatment and prevention questions, including:
- How can I quit smoking for good?
- What preventative screenings do I need at my age?
- How can I keep the mosquitos away?
- What are the signs of a heart attack?
- What are the risks of not being vaccinated?
- How can I lower my blood pressure?
- How often should I see my primary care provider?
- What are the warning signs of breast cancer?
It’s difficult to fit regular exercise into our busy schedules, and most of us are used to taking care of everyone else before ourselves. Find quick and effective ways to stay fit that make sense for your specific lifestyle and interests by asking:
- What is crossfit?
- What kind of stretching should I be doing?
- How can I build strength?
- What are the best at-home workouts?
- How can I get more motivated?
- How many calories can I burn doing yoga?
- Can I drink sports drinks instead of water?
- How can I incorporate more calorie-burning into things I’m already doing?
There’s no way around it – we all have to eat! But making adjustments to your weekly grocery shopping and meal planning can offer a simple way to save. Explore expert tips regarding:
- How much should I budget for groceries?
- How can I eat clean and healthy on a budget?
- How can I find out which stores have the best prices?
- What are the best shopping apps?
- What are the easiest vegetables to grow in my garden?
- What are the cheapest cuts of meat?
- What are some tips for meal planning?
- What are the best discount stores and co-ops in my area?
Looking for ways to calm your mind? Juggling the demands of work, parenting and other personal obligations can leave us all feeling mentally exhausted. Learn how you can slow down and find some much-needed balance by asking:
- How does mindfulness work?
- What are some mindfulness exercises?
- How can I teach my kids about gratitude?
- How can I disconnect from work?
- What are the best apps for meditation?
- How can I better manage stress?
- What are the benefits of journaling?
- How can I live a more balanced life?
Most of the time, our diet is dictated by our budget, schedule and energy level. But as it turns out, there are inexpensive, quick and easy ways to eat healthy. You can start the path to a healthier lifestyle by asking:
- How many calories should I eat a day?
- Why should I consider a gluten-free diet?
- What are some healthy meals I can make in the microwave?
- How can I get my children to eat healthier?
- How can I stick to my diet at happy hour?
- How can I dine out on a diet?
- What are some healthy grilling recipes?
- What can I learn from nutrition labels?
Protecting our precious skin can be a challenge. If you’re like most Americans, you’ve likely suffered from acne, dry skin or skin cancer at one point in your life. Explore simple ways to take care of your skin and identify the signs of a potentially serious skin disease by asking:
- What are the best ways to moisturize?
- What clothing can I wear to block out UV rays?
- What SPF should I be wearing?
- What are the signs of dermatitis?
- When should I be worried about a rash?
- What are the physical signs of an allergy?
- When should I see a dermatologist?
- What are my chances of getting shingles?
Many of us struggle with getting good sleep and have convinced ourselves that it’s just a part of life. But before you settle on caffeine as the answer to your problem, it might be worth asking:
- How are the electronics in my bedroom impairing my sleep?
- How can I make my bedroom darker, quieter and more relaxing?
- How much sleep should I be getting each night?
- Why do I need a good night’s sleep?
- What are different sources of white noise?
- How can poor sleep affect my weight?
- How does sleep influence my emotions?
- How can sleep help my memory?
None of us have been through a pandemic before, so it’s not surprising we have so many questions about how to keep ourselves and our loved ones safe. Find clarity amid all the confusion with answers to questions like:
- How can my kids safely participate in summer sports?
- How can I find the balance between working and caring for my children at home?
- What are some at-home exercises I can do while my gym is closed?
- Am I suffering from seasonal allergies or COVID-19?
- How can we stay on track with vaccines and well-visits?
- How can I keep my home safe and disinfected?
- How can I deal with the loneliness of social isolation?
- Where can I find help while I’m unemployed?
Exploring every inch of the internet for answers to common questions can be time-consuming and frustrating. Rely on one, comprehensive knowledge center to find up-to-date health news and information, get the peace of mind you need, and move on with your day.
Get expert answers to your burning questions by downloading the Ripple by ThedaCare app. Learn more at ripplebythedacare.org.