Beginning on May 15, 2018, parents or guardians of children under 18 in 2017 are eligible to file for a $100 Wisconsin Child Sales Tax Refund. Here are the details for filing claims and receiving payment.
Where to File
A website is set up to file claims: childtaxrebate.wi.gov
Child Sales Tax Refund Filing Details
Begins May 15, 2018
Ends July 2, 2018
- Child Under 18 on December 31, 2017
- Dependent of a person filing for tax rebate in the year 2017
- A Wisconsin resident on December 31, 2017
- A United States Citizen
What You’ll Need
- Your Social Security number
- Child/Children’s Social Security number
- Bank routing and account number for direct deposit
- Proof of $100 of Wisconsin sales tax in 2017 if you are a part-year resident or moved out of or into Wisconsin during 2017.
When to Expect Payment
Most rebates will be issued in three weeks or less after filing the rebate claim. If the claim is selected for review, it can take up to eight weeks for processing and payment.
For More Information
WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
Individual Income Tax Assistance
PO Box 8949
Madison, WI 53708-8949
Phone: 608-266-KIDS (5437)
Email additional questions to DORRebate@wisconsin.gov