From Wednesday, August 1st through Sunday, August 5th, a tax holiday will allow Wisconsin parents and students to purchase back-to-school items and clothing without sales tax.
- Clothing up to $75 per item
- Computers up to $750 per item
- Computer supplies up to $250 per item
- School supplies up to $75 per item
Items such as textbooks, art supplies, and personal protective equipment are not included in the tax exemption. Find a list of items not included here:
Sales Tax Holiday Taxable Items List
- No coupon, voucher, etc is necessary.
- The exemption will apply to items purchased online and their shipping fees if the seller accepts payment during the tax holiday.
- Items on backorder qualify if paid for during the sales tax holiday.
- Returns within 60 days of the holiday will not include tax in the refund price.
- Exchanges for similar items after the holiday will not have tax added. However, if you get in-store credit to purchase a new item it will be taxed.
- Items over the price thresholds stated will have tax on the entire cost of the item. If a pair of shoes is $77, the shoes are taxed at $77, not $2.
- County, stadium, and resort taxes will also be waived during this tax holiday.