The communities around Northeast Wisconsin are working hard to continue to provide opportunities for families to get out and safely have fun. You can try a self-guided tour of a nature center, a visit to a beach, or try out one of the StoryWalks that Appleton Public Library is collaborating with other city organizations to provide.
Friendly reminder as coronavirus continues to be present in our communities, please stay home if you aren’t feeling well, practice safe social distancing, and wear a mask when you are not able to maintain a 6-foot distance.
Special thanks to our sponsor, Grand View Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, for sponsoring Go Valley Kids. Kids 12 and under can join a No Cavity Club to win special prizes! Grand View is accepting new patients. Contact today to schedule a visit and make sure to thank them for supporting GVK!
Friday, July 10, 2020
- Downtown Storywalk in Appleton. Walk along a College Avenue loop to read a story that is displayed in store windows and use the QR codes for activities. Maybe cap it off with a stop at Crazy Sweet for one of their amazing new sundaes, a visit to Jones Park, or combine it with a mural hunt!
- What Beneficial Materials do Animals Make? Virtual class from 1000 Islands is available anytime after 9:00 am and is about 20-30 minutes long.
Saturday, July 11, 2020
- Head over to Heckrodt Wetland Reserve in Menasha for a self-guided Track Trail!
- Virtual I Spy with Appleton Public Library. A new challenge posts to APL’s Facebook Page each Saturday morning!
- Farmers Markets
Sunday, July 12, 2020
- Visit the Storywalk at Memorial Park in Appleton! The trail starts at the Scheig Center and weaves through the gardens. The story will change every two weeks!
- Make an appointment to pick up a Take & Make Art Lab from Kaukauna Public Library for Monday!
- Farmers Markets
Other Family Fun Things to Do This Weekend
- 60+ Things to Do at Home this Summer
- 12+ Beaches in Northeast Wisconsin
- Where to Find Murals in Northeast Wisconsin
- The Ultimate Ice Cream Lovers Bucket List: 60+ Favorites
- 15 Awesome Wisconsin State Parks That Are Less Than Two Hours From Appleton!
- 11 Worth the Drive Hiking Trails about One Hour from Appleton
- 18 Fox Valley Family Friendly Nature Trails for Biking, Walking & Hiking
- 5 Oshkosh Area Family Friendly Nature Trails for Biking, Walking & Hiking
- 13 Green Bay Area Family Friendly Nature Trails for Biking, Walking & Hiking (and Waterfalls!)