Hearts, rainbows, bears, oh my! Families across the country are bringing cheer from their home windows. These scavenger hunts make walks a bit more fun for kids. We have rounded up everything you need to know to get hunting, join in on the fun or organize in your neighborhood. Already started? We would love to see what your neighborhood is up to! Don’t worry, you still have time if you haven’t started! We have included PDFs to print if you need help getting started and to save time. Click here to download ALL PDFs.
Want to send us a picture or add your home to our local map? No need to share your exact address, your street is just fine. We will also share pictures here for a virtual Fox Valley tour! Share a different picture each week for a chance to win a special gift from us!
Do you have a neighborhood facebook group or page? Share the scavenger hunt there. Don’t know your neighbors? Consider posting a letter near the road or on your mailbox. Here is a sample of ours. Feel free to use!
Tips To Get Started
- Make it large enough to see from your road!
- Paint suggestions from readers include acrylic paint washes off with cleaner, washable kids paints and window markers.
- Test any paint or window markers first.
- Have fun! Bonus, this counts as art learning!
- We included hashtags for inspiration to search on Facebook and Instagram but don’t forget to tag #govalleykids!
- Download our PDF!
Hashtag for Inspiration: #windowwalkart
Change out your window artwork weekly or add to it! Here are some suggested weekly themes. We will continue to add to this list for as long as needed!
- March 29 – April 4, 2020: Rainbow, Heart, and/or Bears
- April 4 – 11, 2020: Easter Egg and/or Bunny
- April 12 – 18, 2020: Dinosaur
- April 19 – 25, 2020: Ice Cream Cone
- April 26 – May 2, 2020: May Day Flowers
Facebook Group for Inspiration: Healing Hearts
Hashtags for Inspiration: #everythingwillbeallright #rainbowhunt
Hashtags for Inspiration: #bearhunt #goingonabearhunt #bearsinwindows #bearsforisolationawarness
Easter Egg Hunt
Encouraging messages are also a great place to start! Here are some ideas:
- Everything is going to be alright.
- We are stronger together.
- Be Happy.
As the weather warms up all these ideas can be easily translated to the driveway with sidewalk chalk!