Step back in time to rural 19th century and meet the immigrants who flocked to Wisconsin to call it home. From hands-on activities in original 19th century buildings to guided tours to our unmatched eight ethnic farms, there’s something for everyone at Old World Wisconsin.
Daily Experience at Old World Wisconsin
See history come alive as you step into the shoes of early Wisconsin immigrants and experience first-hand what it was like to live in 19th century Wisconsin. Each area at Old World Wisconsin showcases different stories from Wisconsin’s immigrant past. As you tour at your own pace, you will find buildings that let you self-explore, gardens to wander through, and costumed staff ready to help you get hands-on with history. You will travel in time from the 1840s to the 1910s, experiencing daily life as you help with chores and cooking, try your hand at crafts and trades, and play – even the grownups!
- Crossroads Village
Made up of a diverse community of immigrants, from the Blacksmith Shop to the church to the Shoe Shop, the village is bustling with opportunities to explore small town life in 1875-1885. Don’t forget your Time Travel Token to shop in the general store or enjoy a soda water at the Four Mile House.
- Life on the Farms
Our 19th century German immigrant farms offer a chance to roll up your sleeves and experience daily farm life before electricity! Get hands-on as you help with farm chores and experience what it was like to make a life in a new land. Young or old, the farms let everyone get hands-on with history.
- Catch Wheel Fever!
You’re in the driver’s seat as you experience the 1890’s Cycling Boom. Peddle a reproduction tricycle and climb aboard a “penny farthing” high wheel for a fantastic photo opportunity. And don’t forget to stop by the Farmer’s Club Hall to join in a theatrical performance.
- Scandinavian Homesteads
From 1840 to 1915, our Scandinavian immigrant homesteads let guests help run the home by cooking, tending gardens, and learning to spin. Kids of all ages shouldn’t miss class in the one room schoolhouse!
Hands-On Family Fun Activities
- See a blacksmith at work
- Get your hands dirty as you tend the heirloom gardens
- Help us prepare food in the kitchens
- Sip on an old-fashioned soda water
- Learn to spin wool into yarn
- Peddle a reproduction tricycle
- Feed the heritage farm animals
- Take a carriage ride through the beautiful Kettle Moraine
- And much more!
About Old World Wisconsin
Located two hours from the Fox Valley, Old World Wisconsin is a perfect day trip for families to get outside and explore what life was like in 19th century Wisconsin.
- Location: W372 S9727 Hwy 67 Eagle, Wisconsin
- Website: oldworldwisconsin.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 262-594-6301
- Admission: Adults (18-64): $19, Children (5-17, children under 5 are free): $10, Seniors (65 & older): $16
- Parking: Parking is free. Admission includes all-day unlimited access to our tram transportation.
- Spring: Open on weekends in the spring from 10am-5pm
- Summer: Open daily from Memorial Day through Labor Day from 10am – 5pm
- Fall: Open on weekends in the fall from 10am – 5pm
- Winter: Closed for the season but please join us for our special event, An Old World Christmas
For more information and for special event details (including Mother’s Day, Independence Day, Halloween Legends and Lore, An Old World Christmas, and more) visit oldworldwisconsin.org or call 262-594-6301. Follow us on Facebook for updates on events and programming.