For the last couple years our family has enjoyed a Day Out with Thomas at the National Railroad Museum in Green Bay. Its recommended to get tickets beforehand because they have sold out in the past.
If you are planning on going and its your first time, here are a couple tips!
- Celebrate in the car. Whether your drive is 5 minutes or 50, its fun to build the anticipation and prepare for the day. We packed all our Thomas books to look at in the car. We also cranked the Thomas songs on the radio. There are lots online. I found these two on YouTube, here and here.
- Get there early! It is recommended to arrive an hour before you train departure time. The train boarded about 20 minutes before. We got in line about a 30 minutes before the departure time.
- Allow time for parking. We were running late and did not realize the parking situation until we got there. We also, somehow in the shuffle, missed the parking lot and shuttle parking and parked in the neighboring streets. Thankfully we had a stroller. Parking is available approximately 1/2 mile south of the Museum’s Main Entrance. A free shuttle bus will run between the main parking lot and the museum main gate every 20 minutes between 8:15 a.m. and 6:15 p.m. each day of the event. (Strollers can be brought on the bus).
- Don’t forget your camera! There are lots of great photo opps. You may want to bring a bag for all your stuff you get too. Our hands got full fast.
- Bring a Bag. You get a lot of stuff. Bring something to put it all in, especially if you don’t have a stroller to stuff it in.
- Lastly, make a day of it! We were so impressed with all the stuff to do and simply ran out of time. The train ride was about 25 minutes, there was food, bouncy houses, park, the train museum trains to walk through, a fun kids band, toy train tables, coloring and crafts, and more.
Here are a couple fun downloads to enjoys as well!
Have you experienced the Day Out with Thomas? What was your favorite part? Any tips I missed?
All aboard! Thomas the Tank Engine invites little engineers to join him for a day of friendship and family fun at Day Out with Thomas: The Friendship Tour 2017. Children everywhere can spend a day with their friend Thomas when the #1 Engine pulls into Green Bay on June 21-25, 2017. Day Out with Thomas: The Friendship Tour 2017 is presented by Mattel.
Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased at www.ticketweb.com/dowt or by calling toll-free 866.468.7630. For more information and directions, contact the National Railroad Museum at 920-437-7623 or nationalrrmuseum.org.
For general information about the tour or to find a Day Out with Thomas: The Friendship Tour 2017 event near you, visit www.dayoutwiththomas.com.
Follow Thomas & Friends on Facebook at www.facebook.com/
Go Valley Kids received complimentary tickets in order to write this article. As always, all opinions are my own.