The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Fox Valley is hosting a FREE Community Family Engagement Event Series, Let’s Connect, on January 3, 2019 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm at the Boys & Girls Club of Menasha.
Let’s Connect is a parent and caregiver workshop that will focus on how to reduce stress through effective communication.
This fun, inspiring and interactive workshop presents tools, principles and applications for effective communication at all levels. Learn about timing, empathy, clarity, tone and body language.
Let’s Connect – The Details
- When: Thursday, January 3, 2019 from 6:30 – 8 pm
- Where: Boys & Girls Club of Menasha, 600 Racine Street, Menasha, Wisconsin
- Who: Parents and caregivers (Do NOT have to be a member of Boys & Girls Club)
- Cost: FREE, Registration is encouraged but walk-ins are also welcome
- Childcare: FREE childcare available with registration
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Let’s Connect – Key Takeaways
By the end of the workshop you will be able to apply and understand:
- The elements of healthy communication
- Assertive communication techniques (i.e., feedback loops, questioning strategies, limited choice language, etc)
- Using empathy effectively
- Adapting communication to various settings and people
- Potential barriers to communication and ways to overcome them
- Techniques for making difficult conversations easier.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Body language
- Techniques for beating burnout, overload and “hurry” sickness
- The 3 T’s of Communication – Timing, Tone and Tactic
- What goes into reducing stress
About our Speaker
Ezra Holland is an entrepreneur, author, educator, and speaker. He is passionate about the concept of reducing stress in both our personal and professional lives by building strong relationships through effective communication and leadership development. Ezra is the CEO of The Holland Group, a international workforce and leadership training company, and an Adjunct Faculty in the School of Business at Endicott College.
Pre-register for a chance to win a one-night stay for 4 at Tundra Lodge Resort & Waterpark in Green Bay for your family! Must be present to win. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
For questions please contact Katie Hickey at (920) 750-5834.
About the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Fox Valley
Boys & Girls Clubs of the Fox Valley is a non-profit organization in the Fox Valley, Wisconsin who’s mission is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.