Sometimes Halloween can be rainy. And, in Northeast Wisconsin, we’re practically guaranteed that it will be cold. Where do you trick or treat with your littlest goblins and witches? We’ve found some great indoor alternatives!
Why head indoors on Halloween?
Keeping those cute costumes hidden under bulky coats is such a bummer. We often attend an indoor event in addition to heading out around our neighborhood. It gives our kids an opportunity to have their costumes and makeup done just like they imagined and they also still get that traditional door to door experience. It is easier to convince them to put on all of their warm gear with the reminder that they’ve gotten to have it seen just right earlier in the season.
Your trick or treaters can collect candy while brightening the day of residents at one of our local nursing homes or assisted living facilities. All of the events listed are open to the public. You don’t need to have a loved one at their location to attend and delight the residents and staff with your superheroes and ghosts.
What other alternatives are available in our communities?
If your trick or treater is ready for an outside adventure but not quite for around the neighborhood whirlwind, try out one of the area trunk or treats. Some of the events have games, costume contest, bounce houses, face painting, and other family-friendly fun. The local organizations hosting events can be found here.
Check out traditional trick or treat times around the area here.
Here are lots of options for staying warm and dry with indoor trick or treating this Halloween.
Indoor Trick or Treating
Friday, October 25, 2019
- 5:30 – 6:30 pm: Prarie Homes Assisted Living
1463 Kenwood Dr, Menasha, Wisconsin
- Celebrate Halloween with the Prarie Homes family! The annually hosted trick or treat event is held by residents and families. All three buildings, House of Joy, House of Faith, and House of Grace provide a fun and safe indoor event for families and kids of all ages.
Saturday, October 26, 2019
- 1 – 4 pm: Century Oaks Assisted Living
2100 East Glenhurst Lane, Appleton, Wisconsin
2302 East Glenhurst Lane, Appleton, Wisconsin
- Conveniently located next to each other. Century Oaks hosts a community-wide Halloween Party with a pumpkin carving contest! Everyone’s invited to have a fun afternoon!
Sunday, October 27, 2019
- 1 -2 pm: Trick or Treat at VNA
1535 Lyon Dr, Neenah, Wisconsin
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
- 4 – 8 pm: Halloween Family Night, Waverly Beach
N8770 Fire Lane 1, Menasha, Wisconsin
- Kids dressed in their Halloween costume will get a Free Halloween goodie bag.
- 5:30 – 7:30 pm: Scheels
Fox River Mall, 4301 W. Wisconsin Ave, Appleton, Wisconsin
- A favorite of our trick or treating alternatives! Enjoy Halloween crafts, games, candy, and toys throughout the store.
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
- 10 – 11 am: Trick or Treating: Manor Care
1335 S Oneida St, Appleton, Wisconsin
Thursday, October 31, 2019
If it is an extra chilly or rainy Halloween night and you’re looking for a place to wear your costume, try one of these spots for collecting treats indoors.
- 3 – 5 pm: Oakridge Gardens Nursing Center
1700 Midway Road, Menasha
- 1 – 3 pm: The Gardens of Fountain Way Assisted Living
1050 Fountain Way, Menasha, Wisconsin
- 4 – 7 pm: Funset Boulevard
3916 W College Ave, Appleton, Wisconsin
- Funset Boulevard offers Halloween fun and deals all day long during their annual Halloween Party! Unlimited FREE attractions and 1/2 price Laser Tag all day. $5 off large pizzas and receive 20 game tokens with your purchase.
- 4 – 6 pm: The Outlet Shoppes at Oshkosh
3001 S Washburn St Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- It’s a Mall-O-Ween! The outlets offer a not completely indoor trick or treating option but this location has an overhang for walking between stores. Look for a window cling for participating stores!
- 4 – 7 pm: Trick or Treating, American Grand Assisted Living
900 Meadow Lane, Neenah, Wisconsin
- Safe, climate controlled indoor trick or treating
- 4 – 8 pm: Mall-O-Ween, Bay Park Square
303 Bay Park Square, Green Bay, WI
- Stop by your favorite stores for a Halloween treat from 4 to 8 pm on Halloween Day! Participating stores will have a balloon outside their entry. No Bull Magic will also be there from 4 – 7 pm creating fun balloon animals and Face Painting by Lori from 5 – 7 pm! Additional family activities and entertainment will be provided!
- Bay Park Square is teaming up with HSHS St. Vincent Children’s Hospital for a bandage donation drive. Donate a box of children’s bandages at Center Court to help us ease the “boo-boos”.
- 5:30 – 7:30 pm: Halloween Trunk or Treat Party, The Academy
220 W. Northland Ave, Appleton, WI
- Families will enjoy a SAFE, FUN, & POSITIVE event for you kids to “trick or treat” in our back parking lot. Plus we will have a family-friendly Halloween dance party inside with games, candy, food, and a bounce house! *FREE event for all families to attend.
- 6 – 8 pm: Indoor Trunk or Treat, Crosspoint Church
1866 N Casaloma Dr, Appleton, WI
- Candy, FREE snacks and beverages, games, and FUN!! This will be an INDOOR event due to the frigid weather on the 31st. Stay warm, and have some fun at CrossPoint Church!!
- 6 – 8pm: 1031 Party, Mill Creek Church
120 N Lake St, Neenah WI
- Toy Story Themed 10/31 Party. There will be Games, Candy and Prizes for all of your littles. Our Coffee Shop – The Mud House – will be open too. Come as you are or dressed in your best costume.
Scary Good Halloween Deals
Did you work up an appetite collecting all of that candy? Ready to sit down and have dinner or a little treat? Here are some awesome Halloween deals! From ice cream to hot chocolate to booritos, there’s definitely something delicious out there for you.
- W3198 County Road KK, Appleton, Wisconsin
- 111 N. Mall Dr., Appleton, Wisconsin
- 2388 S Oneida St, Ashwaubenon, Wisconsin
Just rock your Halloween costume to Chipotle from 3pm to close on 10/31 to get a $4 burrito, bowl, salad, or order of tacos, or use code BOORITO in our app or online to get yours.
Chipotle will also be taking the celebration to social media, holding an Instagram costume contest on Halloween. To enter, Chipotle fans must post a photo of themselves in costume, at a Chipotle restaurant, on their Instagram profile or Instagram Story and tag @CHIPOTLE. Chipotle will then select eight finalists and post the contestants’ photos on the brand’s Instagram Story. Fans will have the chance to vote for the “Boorito Champion” by ‘liking’ their favorite costume from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time on Nov. 1. One lucky winner will enjoy the sweetest treat of all – a year of free burritos. The winner will be announced at approximately 6 p.m. Eastern time on Nov. 1 via Chipotle’s Instagram account.
- 2436 W. College Ave. Appleton, Wisconsin
- 3421 N. Ballard Road, Appleton, Wisconsin
- 1593 E. Mason Street, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Guests enjoy all regular and kid-sized ice cream scoops for just $1.50.
- Fox River Mall, 4101 W Wisconsin Ave, Grand Chute, Wisconsin
- Bay Park Square, 2415 S Oneida St, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Kids eat FREE every day from 4pm – 10pm through November 3rd with the purchase of an adult entree.
Featuring The Addams Family menu! The line up includes:
Wednesday’s Web-Cakes: Fluffy, signature Buttermilk pancakes topped with cupcake icing, webbed with HERSHEY’S Chocolate Syrup and topped with violet whipped topping.
Gomez’ Green Chili Omelette: Marinated pulled pork, Jack & cheddar cheeses, fire-roasted peppers and onions, and green chile verde sauce topped with sour cream.
Uncle Fester’s Chocolate Ice Scream Shake: A haunted house-made HERSHEY’S chocolate ice cream shake with violet whipped topping.
Morticia’s Haunted Hot Chocolate: Toasted marshmallow hot chocolate topped with violet whipped topping and a drizzle of HERSHEY’S Chocolate Syrup.
Kooky Kids Combo: A Wednesday’s Web-Cakes served with one scrambled egg, one bacon strip and one pork sausage link.
- 4671 Michaels Dr., Grand Chute, Wisconsin
- For the whole month of October, children in costume will receive 50 tickets.
Thursday Kids Eat Free Deals
Check these Kids Eat FREE special. Find our complete list here.
Too much Halloween fun to have energy left for the kitchen? Maybe you’re already out near one of these spots for kids to eat free or on the cheap! Specific details vary from location to location, and while we do our best to ensure that our information is up to date, restaurants change up their specials from time to time. We triple-checked the Thursday list to ensure that if you’re heading out with a kid for a Halloween treat, the locations below have you covered!
Kids Meal for $1.99 Monday through Thursday
(Meal includes a soda and ice cream)
2369 W. Wisconsin Ave., Appleton, Wisconsin (920) 738-0116
221 S. Kensington Dr., Appleton, Wisconsin (920) 739-5969
Kids 12 and under eat FREE (kids menu only) with an adult entrée purchase 4 – 8 pm.
2 Kids free for 1 adult entree.
Sunday – Thursday
525 Reid St, De Pere, Wisconsin (920) 336-8726
Golden Basket (Green Bay)
Kids Eat FREE (Kids Meal) with an adult entrée purchase of $7.99 or more
every Monday & Thursday
1350 S. Military Ave., Green Bay, Wisconsin (920) 499-9023