Awhile back (okay, the beginning of September – I guess I got sidetracked with fall activities), I asked readers on the Go Valley Kids facebook page “What are your favorite area restaurants to go to with kids in tow?” We got over 20 responses with area restaurants that offer fantastic environments for your kids.
Below is a list of some of the area restaurants that readers included. I have not been to all of the restaurants so I can’t vouche for every place on the list. I included the restaurants that got at least two mentions or likes and included details on why it was a great place to go. I also looked for restaurants that target families. As always, we all have different tastes, ages of children, and experiences, but there may be a restaurant on this list that you want to try out for your next trip out. The restaurants are in no particular order. Be sure to comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want me to add one of your favorite restaurants to the list. Don’t forget to tell me why it’s so great. Happy Dining!
Cafe, Deli and Quick-Serve
- HuHot Mongolian Grill :: 3456 West College Avenue, Appleton
Create your own Asian stir fry from their selection of fresh meats, noodles, vegetables and Asian-inspired sauces.
- Red Robin :: N109 Stoney Brook Road, Appleton
American food. One reader noted “loud and fast” – need I say more?
- Texas Roadhouse:: 3910 West College Avenue, Appleton
You get to throw peanut shells on the floor.
- Cinders Charcoal Grill:: 221 South Kensington Drive, Appleton; 2369 W. Wisconsin Ave Appleton
Offers a wide-variety of menu options, along with kids deals featured on our Kids Eat Free Guide.
- Buffalo Wild Wings :: 4601 W. College Ave., Grand Chute and 3201 E. Calumet St, Appleton
It’s loud, has a good kids’ menu and offers crayons – their wings are awesome!
- Mohnen’s Darboy Family Restaurant:: W5669 County Road KK, Appleton
A hometown family style restaurant in Darboy.
- Frank’s Pizza:: 815 West College Avenue, Appleton
What’s better than a dough ball to play with and fish to look at while waiting for your pizza?