Experts have advised that the best thing for our community during the current Coronavirus pandemic is to reduce crowded gatherings. Some of the events listed on our website and calendar will take place as planned while others may be canceled or postponed. Please check with the hosting venue, and exercise caution when selecting outings. Knowledge is power, be informed!
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Current cases and updates are made daily, Monday through Friday at 2 pm.
- World Health Organization
- CDC – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Monday, March 16, 2020: We’re no longer going to be updating with individual business/organization cancelations and postponements as it seems that at this point everything is closed at least as long as schools will be.
- How to talk to scared or concerned kiddos?
- Are there confirmed cases near me in Wisconsin?
- How can my family prepare for COVID-19?
School District Updates
- Appleton Area School District
- Hortonville Area School District
- Kaukauna Area School District
- Kimberly Area School District
- Little Chute Area School District
- Menasha Area School District
- Neenah Joint Area School District
- Oshkosh Area School District
- Xavier Catholic Schools
Closures & Cancelations in & Around the Fox Valley
- YMCA of the Fox Cities – All programs, classes, activities, and events canceled until further notice. Childcare centers and facilities will remain open.
- Appleton Park & Recreation
- Badger Sports Park – Closed until further notice.
- Urban Air – Closed until notice.
- Autism Society of the Fox Valley – All programs canceled until further notice.
- Building for Kids – Closed until further notice.
- Home Depot Free Kids Workshops – Canceled until further notice
- La Leche League of Appleton and the Fox Cities – Considering holding virtual meetings until further notice
- Lambeau Field and Titletown – March 12, 2020: Closed for two weeks, all Lambeau Field Atrium businesses, including the Packers Pro Shop, Packers Hall of Fame and 1919 Kitchen & Tap, as well as all team-run public activities in Titletown, including the playground and 46 Below.
- Little League – While each community is being affected differently by the coronavirus, we feel that it is in the best interest of our volunteers and participant families to delay the implementation of the Little League season to begin no earlier April 6.
- Appleton Public Library – Closed to the public, book drops remain open.
- Kaukauna Public Library – Cancelling all Library programs, all meeting room bookings, and are reducing the use of study rooms to individual use until the end of March.
- Kimberly-Little Chute Public Library – All programs canceled.
- Oshkosh Public Library – All public programs, events and meetings at the Oshkosh Public Library are canceled through April 11 as we continue to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Marcus Theatres – Movie releases pushed back
- March 12-14, 2020: Matilda the Musical, Appleton North High School Auditorium, Appleton
- March 14, 2020: Vintage in the Valley, Fox Cities Exhibition Center
- March 14, 2020: Sportsman’s Classic, Appleton Alliance Church
- March 15, 2020: All Services CANCELED, Appleton Alliance Church, stream online at 9:30 “Trusting God in Uncertain Times”
- March 15, 2020: LC Youth Wrestling Tournament, Little Chute High School
- March 17, 2020: Awana CANCELED, Appleton Alliance Church
- March 28, 2020: Fox Cities Kidz Expo, Rescheduled October 3, 2020, Fox Cities Exhibition Center
We will continue to add to this list as we learn of confirmed cancelations. If you know of an event cancelation please let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy the Outdoors
We hope the weather will warm up and encourage you to enjoy the outdoors with your family.