Appleton Children’s Week has been working to bring the fun of this annual event to the city of Appleton with changes to accommodate safety for all families during the pandemic.
This year, the kick off event will be a Kids Car Cinema drive-in movie experience at the Timber Rattlers Stadium. Families will be parked every other space in the stadium parking lot to allow for six feet of space between families as we are treated to Frozen II under the night sky!
Audio for the movie will be available over FM radio and families are asked to remain in their vehicles or chairs immediately outside of their vehicle during the movie. Have masks handy to use the bathrooms or buy concessions inside of the stadium.
Parking will be $15 per vehicle and includes the movie for all members of your household. You’ll need to register in advance.
Tips for enjoying a drive-in movie with kids:
- Have everyone that needs to go to bed right away after in their jammies.
- Bring cozy pillows and blankets.
- If you have a hatch to open, even better for piling up those blankets and pillows to watch the movie.
- Bring along something to do while you wait for the movie to start: bubbles, books, coloring materials.
- Take a quick trip to the bathroom before the movie starts!
Kids Car Cinema Details
- When: Sunday, June 19, 2020
- Which Movie: Frozen II
- Where: Timber Rattlers Stadium, Casaloma Dr, Grand Chute
- Admission: $15 parking fee – PURCHASE HERE
- Mask Requirement: Inside stadium for bathroom and concessions purchases