Give a little extra love to all the nana’s and pop pop’s out there as Grandparents Day is September 12th! Between sweet hand-drawn cards and thoughtful homemade gifts from the kiddos, grandparents can enjoy a special day with these fun activities and outings in the Fox Valley area and beyond!
Bay Beach Amusement Park
Dig into some cotton candy and get ready for a thrilling day with the sweetest grandparents in tow! Bay Beach offers 23 rides for families and children including the Carousel, Scrambler, Big Wheel, Sea Dragon, Bay Beast Slider, Swing ride, and more, and best of all tickets are only 25 cents each, making for an affordable and entertaining day out!
- Bay Beach Amusement Park, 1313 Bay Beach Road, Green Bay
- There is no admission cost and tickets for rides are only 25 cents each!
- Open Sundays, including Grandparents Day, from 11 am – 4 pm
Bergstrom-Mahler Museum of Glass
Stop into the Bergstrom-Mahler Museum of Glass to view a beautiful collection of paperweights, contemporary and Germanic glass. Perfect for any art lover and grandparent alike. Also, be sure to visit the gift shop for fun momentos!
- Bergstrom-Mahler Museum of Glass, 165 N. Park Avenue, Neenah
- Admission is always FREE to visit the museum
- Open daily, including Grandparents Day, from 1 – 4:30 pm
Farm Wisconsin Discovery Center
Spend the afternoon learning about agriculture and farming at Farm Wisconsin Discovery Center with over 10,000 square feet of educational exhibits. Also, stop by the Land O’Lakes Birthing barn to see a calf be born. Sweet treats are also available on-site with Cedar Crest Ice Cream!
- Farm Wisconsin Discovery Center, 7001 Gass Lake Road Manitowoc
- FREE admission for one grandparent with the purchase of one youth admission. Deal is valid on a per-party basis and is limited to one free admission.
- Saturday, September 11th, 2021 from 9 am – 4 pm
Green Bay Botanical Garden
Take a stroll through 47-acres of lush gardens, filled with beautiful perennials, fountains, a rose garden, and trees. The garden also is home to the Gertrude B. Nielsen Children’s Garden, which includes a treehouse, slide, maze, and sundial.
- Green Bay Botanical Garden, 2600 Larsen Road, Green Bay
- FREE Admission for grandparents, $12 Adults (18+), $5 Children (3-17) and there is no cost for children under 2
- Sunday, September 12th, 2021 from 9:00 am – 6:30 pm
Heckrodt Wetland Reserve
Venture out into nature with a walk through Heckrodt with grandma and grandpa. The 76-acre urban reserve offers smooth pathways and trails, an observation deck to view wildlife – especially turtles, and a fun playground for kids. Go on a scavenger hunt or go bird watching – its a visit that families and grandparents alike will enjoy.
- Heckrodt Wetland Reserve, 1305 Plank Road, Menasha
- Admission is always FREE!
- Open Sundays, including Grandparents Day, from 6 am – 9 pm
Lincoln Park Zoo
Spot a snoozing bear or grazing bison at the Lincoln Park Zoo! Play hopscotch with grandparents, read in the gazebo or do a scavenger hunt around the grounds! The zoo is home to 200 animals and is easily accessible for those with limited mobility.
- Lincoln Park Zoo, 1215 N. 8th Street, Manitowoc
- Admission is always FREE!
- Open Sundays, including Grandparents Day, from 9 am – 7 pm
Luv 2 Play
Invite grandma and grandpa along for an afternoon of fun! Grandparents can receive a FREE small coffee in addition to complimentary entry. The kiddos will enjoy climbing through tunnels and jumping in the ball pit. Toddler areas are available as well as arcade game sections.
- Luv 2 Play, 4938 Integrity Way, Appleton
- Grandparent admission is FREE! $14.95 Children (5-12) and. $12.95 for under 4.
- Sunday, September 12th, 2021 from 10 am – 6 pm
Menomonee Park Zoo
Otters, eagles, and turtles, oh my! Grandparents will enjoy a visit to the Oshkosh zoo with their families. The 8-acre zoo is nestled along the north side of Lake Winnebago and is home to 50 different animals, including elk, wolves, turkey, badger, skunks, and more. There are also a variety of built-in learning opportunities and fact boards, plus a small cafe to enjoy.
- Menomonee Park Zoo, 520 Pratt Trail, Oshkosh
- Admission is always FREE!
- Open daily, including Grandparents Day, 9 am – 7 pm
Mulberry Lane Farm
Spend a beautiful fall day on the farm and in the sunshine with your grandparents! They will relive cherished childhood memories of milking cows, driving tractors, and doing morning chores while making new ones. Guests can tour the farm and snuggle all the adorable animals!
- Mulberry Lane Farm, W3190 County Road B, Sherwood
- One grandparent FREE per paid admission. $13 cash or $13.50 charge card for each guest over age 2. Children 1 and younger are FREE.
- Sunday, September 12th, 2021 from 10 am – 3 pm
Paine Art Center and Gardens
Grandparents will enjoy an afternoon stroll with their grandchildren! Come enjoy the historic estate and beautiful gardens. Visitors can also enjoy a fun mystery during their walk with the “Curious Case of the Missing Left Shoe” event. Two dozen shoes in a variety of colors and styles have been hidden in the gardens and mansion. Find them all and learn the story behind them! This event runs until early October.
- Paine Art Center and Gardens, 1410 Algoma Boulevard, Oshkosh
- $12 Adults, $7 Youth (ages 5-17) and under 4 are FREE!
- Open daily, including Grandparents Day, from 10 am – 4 pm
Piece Park Song Fest
Listen to tunes in the great outdoors at Pierce Park with Song Fest! Hosted by the Appleton Boychoir, attendees of all ages can enjoy a variety of familiar tunes in the sunshine. A variety of concessions will also be available for purchase from On the Fritz Food Truck and Kona Ice.
- Piece Park Song Fest, 1035 W. Prospect Avenue, Appleton
- Admission is FREE!
- Sunday, September 12th, 2021 from 2 – 4 pm
The Children’s Museum of Green Bay
Kiddos can enjoy an afternoon playing and exploring with their grandparents while celebrating the “National World Wide Day of Play” at the Children’s Museum of Green Bay! Meet Nickelodeon characters, play games, do crafts and win special prizes! The museum includes hands-on exhibits for science and art in addition to toddler areas. There will also be an additional event for grandparents and their grandchildren held in October.
- The Children’s Museum of Green Bay, 1230 Bay Beach Road, Green Bay
- Cost is $8 per person, no registration is required
- Sunday, September 12th, 2021 from 11 am – 2 pm
More ways to celebrate with our amazing grandparents!
- Send a special eCard for FREE from 123 Greetings
- Create a special time capsule with grandma and grandpa
- Color adorable Grandparent-inspired printables from Doodle Art Alley
- Learn and cook a cherished family recipe together
- See a movie of their choice at Valley Grand Cinema
- Order a gourmet cheesecake just for them from Just Dzuricks
- Plant a tree or heritage garden with them with their favorite flowers
- Take a photo and turn it into a custom jigsaw puzzle
- Surprise them with a visit or take out from their favorite restaurant
- Bike, hike or walk on one of the many amazing Fox Valley trails
How will you celebrate Grandparents Day? Let us know below! Happy Grandparents day to all the nanas and pop pops out there!