New Dublin (AKA New London, Wisconsin)
Every year New London transforms for St. Patrick’s Day. The week-long celebration kicks off on Leprechaun Day, Monday March 12. The local Shamrock Club leprechauns change the town’s name to ‘New Dublin’ for the week and can be found entertaining kids, visiting the elderly and local businesses.
- The New London St. Patrick’s Day Parade is Wisconsin’s largest St Patrick’s Day parade.
- Saturday, March 17, 2018 at 1 pm
- Parade starts downtown on the corner of Pearl and Washington St.
- The St. Patrick’s parade starts just south of downtown on S. Pearl Street at the intersection of E. Washington Street and proceeds north, turns left (west) onto N. Water Street and continues to N. Shawano St and ends right before Dairy Queen.
There are public parking areas adjacent to the downtown areas, however, they generally fill up quickly. We headed towards downtown and parked on a residential street. Bring a wagon or stroller!
- Bring chairs and blankets. The ground can get pretty cold to sit on.
- Pack some snacks and treats.
- Dress up (and warm)! We stopped at the Dollar Tree and picked up some fun necklaces, but you don’t have to. Just dig out your Packer gear and go green.
- Be prepared for some street vendors selling St. Pattie’s bling. We are bringing the dollar store stuff for distraction.
- Grab some chalk or bubbles for entertainment while waiting for the parade to begin.
- We arrived about 30 minutes before the parade began and still found a great spot to watch!
What are your tips? Please share below!
The weather was beautiful for this parade last year. It was nice to get out of the house to beat some cabin fever and think about Spring! There were so many fun and unique parade participants. Our girls loved the animals, unicorn and dressed up dogs! One note, watch for the cabbage throwing truck, it can be pretty loud (and scary for little ones).
The city hosts many events all week long. For more information visit www.newdublin.com
Enjoy some of our pictures from previous years!