Looking for activities or things to do with your family in the winter holiday month of December in Northeast Wisconsin? There are lots of options for FREE or cheap events and activities for families! Make sure to check out all the events on our calendar.
December Activities for Kids & Families
- Run off some energy at the Building for Kid’s in Appleton! We have an exclusive coupon for Go Valley Kids friends here!
- Visit Green Bay Botanical Gardens for the annual WPS Garden of Lights. Walk through the 60ft caterpillar and take in botanical themed light displays including an enchanted icicle forest.
- Hit the slopes at Nordic Mountain! First time with kids? We have some great tips from a guest writer for you here!
- Ride the escalator, sample some fudge, try the arcade game upstairs, and do a little holiday shopping at Scheel’s. If you’re there on the 5th, there are fun happenings for St Nick night!
- Check to see if anyone needs new snow boots! Find a great new pair at VanderLoop!
- Cut your own Christmas tree!
- Go for a leisurely drive to see holiday lights! We’ve got a list, scavenger hunt, and map for you!
- Xavier Fine Arts Theater presents Christmas Stars, a holiday celebration spectacular, through December 10th with shows at 1 pm and 7 pm.
- Send a letter to Santa!
- Hunt down a Santa Float!
- Choose gifts for the special teachers in your life!
- Have breakfast with Santa.
- Check out a Live Nativity.
- Take in a holiday parade!
- Choose an experience gift or a unique gift for someone on your gift list!
- Holiday shop for games and toys locally!
- Make a trip to Kaukauna to take in the Crazy Christmas Light Show!
- Head to The North Pole in Kaukuana.
Troy Campbell turns his yard into a Christmas village each holiday season and it is FREE to explore and visit with Santa. The North Pole is open from 5:30 pm until 10 pm daily through New Year’s Day.
- Burn off some major energy at one of the area’s indoor playgrounds!
- Visit the 15th Annual Oshkosh Celebration of Lights! Stretching for one illuminated mile in Menominee Park in Oshkosh, the lights are on for the entire month of December from 5 pm to 8 pm each night. Visit Santa and see the 100 foot tree and animated light displays. Bring a nonperishable food item for $1.00 off of the standard admission.
- Find some ideas to stay on budget.
- Burn off some energy playing indoors.
- Stop in to the Paper Valley Model Railroad Club, they are open on Thursdays from 7 pm until 9 pm and hold their Holiday Open House on December 30th from 9 am until 4 pm.
- Go ice skating!
- Escape the winter! Go swimming!
- Find Santa.
- Enjoy the time off from work and school on a road trip!
- Get the kids haircuts for the party and photo season.
- Take your spouse out for a date.
- Hopeful for snow? We are excited to go sledding.
- Find something fun to do on New Years Eve. Coming soon!
Thanks to our sponsor: New Hope Church, Neenah